Search

/ Search #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
The search function does not want to work for me today for some reason or other; don't know if it's TBN or my computer. It won't let me type in the search word or string, won't let me pick a date range, etc.

/ Search #2  
Bird must be your computer, no search problems here. :confused3:

/ Search #4  
Maybe reboot to clear the error?

I just searched on an obscure term, 'rotohoe', and got hits from 2001 through 2011. No problems noted.

/ Search
Well, I finally got it to work. For some reason, it's a hit or miss proposition. I cannot click on the keyword blank or on the dates to be searched. It worked once and then wouldn't work again. So I have no idea what the problem is.

I appreciate the replies.

/ Search
Maybe reboot to clear the error?

That sure sounded like the thing to do, so I ran the "Internet Options" to delete cookies, browsing history, etc., then ran Piriform CCleaner, and rebooted . . . . and didn't change a thing.:laughing: Oh well, if TBN's search doesn't work for me, there's more than one way to skin a cat.:laughing:

/ Search #8  
That occasionally happens on this 2004 XP laptop I leave at the ranch. Stuck keys is the culprit - for example stuck 'Ctrl' can lead to strange results.

Assuming that's a desktop computer, could you reboot using a different keyboard to test this theory?

Or - if you trace the problem to a bad laptop keyboard, they are surprisingly easy to replace. I think it cost me $30 from Ebay and a half hour tinkering, to put a brand new keyboard in a laptop prior to this one.

/ Search
Those all sound like good ideas, but I'm using a desktop computer; don't even own a laptop anymore, and I've only got the one keyboard. And I'm not getting any indication of stuck keys anywhere else. Of course that's not to say that could not be the problem.

/ Search
Those all sound like good ideas, but I'm using a desktop computer; don't even own a laptop anymore, and I've only got the one keyboard. And I'm not getting any indication of stuck keys anywhere else. Of course that's not to say that could not be the problem. Using the optical mouse, I can click on "Posts" for Search Type, then tab to keyword(s) and type in the search word or string, but if I use the mouse to click on the box for the keyword; no go. The cursor only shows there as long as I hold the button down on the mouse. And I've been unable to get to the Find Posts "Any Date", but a few minutes ago, that worked. It's worked today twice out of probably 15 attempts.

But I'm not having any problem with anything else on TBN, or on any other website.