New Search Functionality

/ New Search Functionality #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Hi Everybody,

We have just implemented a new Google-powered site search on all forum pages. The search box that appears in the black navigation bar will return text and image search results through Google. This search produces faster and better results than the forum search function, which is still available by clicking the search link in the icon nav bar.

Unfortunately Google does insert text ads into the search results, but I think it's a small price to pay for quick and useful search results. Google charges an arm and a leg to remove those ads so for now we'll keep them.

Let me know how it works for you...

/ New Search Functionality #2  
On the topic of searches, why is it that some way old posts are available via google search, and most others are not? Did you all have availability to crawlers at a certain point in time, and now you do not?

/ New Search Functionality
On the topic of searches, why is it that some way old posts are available via google search, and most others are not? Did you all have availability to crawlers at a certain point in time, and now you do not?

If some pages aren't indexed by Google, that's their choice. We have them all in our sitemap.

/ New Search Functionality #4  
I like it. Works better then the old one.