TBN Android App Issues

/ TBN Android App Issues #1  

CHDinCT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25, Z422-KW
Just got a Samsung Galaxy 4S and loaded the TBN android app. Coming from an iphone 3GS and the iphone app. Just want to pass on that about half of the photo's posted in threads don't download or download consistently. Sometimes, a photo that didn't download one day will the next. Kind of hit or miss it seems. Also, just curious why I can't resize/blow up pic's on my android device while I could on the iphone. Sometimes it's really hard to see the details in a pic being discussed when you can't blow it up some. And finally, one of the best features of this site doesn't seem to work on the Samsung phone. That being the ability of the site to take you to the first unread post in a thread, or really the fact it doesn't communicate with the main site. When I view a thread on my phone and read through, say, post 10, then access the thread from my laptop (PC) to read posts 11 on, it starts me at post one as if it doesn't know I already viewed posts 1-10 on my Samsung phone.

Hope any of this is helpful to improving the android app.

/ TBN Android App Issues #2  
Chris,
do you have pinch/zoom activated on your Galaxy?

/ TBN Android App Issues
Chris,
do you have pinch/zoom activated on your Galaxy?

Pretty sure I do. I know I can resize my own photos and internet pages for example. I'll check again however. Thanks for the idea. I was hoping an admin would respond with some feedback, either that they're working on improvements and know about the issues, or maybe that I'm using the app wrong or, like your suggestion, that I need to change some setting someplace.

/ TBN Android App Issues #4  
I have the same problem with the photos not downloading and not being able to blow some up. What I do is "open browser" to see them.

/ TBN Android App Issues
I have the same problem with the photos not downloading and not being able to blow some up. What I do is "open browser" to see them.

That occurred to my the other day, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet with my Galaxy S4 (nor have I tried too hard either). Thanks.

/ TBN Android App Issues #6  
That occurred to my the other day, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet with my Galaxy S4 (nor have I tried too hard either). Thanks.

When you are viewing a thread hit the bottom right button and open browser is a option.

/ TBN Android App Issues #7  
I have the issue on my galaxy s3 with the images sometimes, but it is surprisingly good at keeping track of my reading progress going from the phone to the pc.

/ TBN Android App Issues #8  
I also don't see most of the avatars.

/ TBN Android App Issues
I also don't see most of the avatars.

They seem to come and go, just like the picks. The tracking feature has been working of late so that seems fixed. Hope it stays that way

/ TBN Android App Issues #10  
I miss a lot of avatars as well. But the picture sizing is definitely broken. The other thing I'd like to see is that multiple pictures in a post can be handled by swiping to the next picture. That works great on the ipad. No such function on the droid.