Why did you change your icon?

/ Why did you change your icon? #1  

tallyho8

Elite Member
Who Dat Nation west of Westwego east of Ama south
Tractor
Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326
I looked in my favorites to go to tractorbynet and couldn't find it. I usually just look for the little icons besides the name and TBNs icon was the tractor and it has been changed to something else.
I liked your tractor icon much better as it was easier to associate it with your site.

I see that you still use this icon for the home page and other pages but not for when you bookmark the forums page.

Attachments

• traclogo.png
    traclogo.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 148
   / Why did you change your icon? #2  
I get the blue V like thing on my computer.

/ Why did you change your icon? #4  
I've still got the regular TBN tractor icon. Sometimes computers have a wee hickup and, on booting up, change icons to what you were last looking at. They usually return to the 'correct' icon after awhile so it could be a central server thing.

This used to happen at my old work "workstation" quite often. Eventually the correct icon would return... Usually after I'd got used to the new one. :laughing:

/ Why did you change your icon? #5  
FWIW...it is called the "favicon.ico"

My bookmark is stored in the Firefox's "favorites" tool bar and it did not change... and if I hover the cursor over the new icon it says "This website does not supply identity information"...weird..!

/ Why did you change your icon? #6  
I get it also and the site has slowed way, way down. It has got so slow that IE times out and drops me. I'm on dialup.

/ Why did you change your icon? #7  
They updated the site to cure some security flaws. My guess is that the VBulletin software (looks like that's what the site runs on) overwrote the favicon.ico file, and the admin didn't think to put it back. Maybe he'll see this and fix it. :)

/ Why did you change your icon? #8  
OK it's back to the tractor now.