HOW DO I COPY AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET INTO T-B-N POST?

/ HOW DO I COPY AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET INTO T-B-N POST? #1  

jeff9366

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3,700 pounds bare tractor, 5,400 pounds operating weight, 37 horsepower
How do I copy an Excel spreadsheet containing tractor specs into a T-B-N post, retaining Excel format and spacing????

To confuse matters I use Excel on an Apple Notebook Pro......

Feed the answer to me in small, well masticated bites (bytes?), please.

(( Tractor Skills = B; Computer Skills = D+))

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE.

/ HOW DO I COPY AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET INTO T-B-N POST? #2  
Screen print saved as an image? Under Windows you can use the key combo ALT+Print Screen to copy the active window to the clipboard. Not sure what the Apple equivalent would be (CMD+SHIFT+4 ?). In Windows you would then go into Paint (or any other image editing program) and paste the clipboard copy into the current image. Clean up/resize as needed & save. Imbed the result into your post.

Nick

/ HOW DO I COPY AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET INTO T-B-N POST? #3  
Yeah, I'd just take a screenshot of the window -- cmd+shift+4, then press space to go into window capture mode, then click mouse/trackpad to take shot -- and then upload it as am image attachment. No way you're going to get formatted Excel content pasted in without making a mess (unless you first convert to HTML and then insert that into a post, if the forum even supports HTML).

/ HOW DO I COPY AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET INTO T-B-N POST? #4  
Look in accessories for "Snipping Tool" It will be self explanatory. To attach an excel file, you can edit the suffix to change it to .txt, then include instructions in your post for the user to change the suffix back to the correct letters after downloading.