issues with the "remember me" function?

/ issues with the "remember me" function? #1  

mikehaugen

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 1070
anyone else having problems with the remember me function? It was working fine before for me and I have not changed any settings (cookies or anything else) but for some reason I am constantly having to log in now. Even if I just navigate to another site and come back without closing the browser. This seems to have happened with the latest update, but it also started happening near the time that I got the phone app. Not sure what is causing it.

/ issues with the "remember me" function? #2  
try deleting your cookies...most likely the old cookie (that remembers) is not being over-written

/ issues with the "remember me" function? #3  
I use google chrome. It remembers all my passwords.

/ issues with the "remember me" function?
I use google chrome. It remembers all my passwords.

I use chrome too... it remembers the passwords but I am not staying logged in so I get the annoying "join tbn" pop up everytime I come here. I will try deleting the old cookies.

/ issues with the "remember me" function? #5  
I usually use my iPhone app, but earlier today I was on my laptop using chrome to access TBN popping back and forth with no issues...so it must be your cookies or computer settings.

/ issues with the "remember me" function? #6  
I never sign out

alright, so I tried deleting all cookies associated with "www.tractorbynet.com" and it didn't help. I was looking at the cookies themselves and there is one that is on my computer called "vbseo_loggedin" and it as set to expire "when browsing session ends". I deleted it a couple times, when I log in it will reappear again, but then it still doesn't remember me. I always check the "remember me" box, not sure why it is doing that, it used to work fine.

/ issues with the "remember me" function? #9  
clear all your cache and history files...make sure all (TBN) browser windows are closed when you delete the cookies...

What browser are you using ?

aha! I figured it out. I opened up my internet security software and there was a setting to automatically expire cookies when the session ended. Was not able to change the setting through chrome. I don't know how it got changed, maybe it was during one of it's updates. Glad it is resolved... it was getting pretty annoying. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.