Modifying Profile to disable "Last Activity" and ""Current Activity"

/ Modifying Profile to disable "Last Activity" and ""Current Activity" #1  

Scooby074

Tractor
BX 25, ZD 326
Modifying Profile to disable "Last Activity" and ""Current Activity"

I notice some people have disabled "Last Activity" and "Current Activity" amongst other headings under their profiles. Im curious as to how this is done. Is it "Stealth/offline Mode"?

I also wonder why its an option... I understand people have a right to their privacy, but there have been times on here where we've found out of a member's passing or illness solely due to the date of their "Last Activity" causing people to look into their situation a bit further. If somebody really wants to browse anonymous, couldn't they just log out?

/ Modifying Profile to disable "Last Activity" and ""Current Activity" #2  
Re: Modifying Profile to disable "Last Activity" and ""Current Activity"

Personally, I have "Invisible mode" (from http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions ) on as I dont want to advertise which threads I am reading.
If you log out, you then cannot see the pictures hosted on TBN, or read some forums (politics, front porch) and you have to login to reply. Not worth it in my book.

Aaron Z

/ Modifying Profile to disable "Last Activity" and ""Current Activity" #3  
I guess I don't understand why it is a big deal for people to see or not see which thread you are reading? It's not like you are hiding in the closet looking at your old man's Playboys. Or is it?

I did enable invisible mode, just now, to see what it is like. I don't feel any different, yet.

/ Modifying Profile to disable "Last Activity" and ""Current Activity" #4  

I guess I don't understand why it is a big deal for people to see or not see which thread you are reading? It's not like you are hiding in the closet looking at your old man's Playboys. Or is it?

I did enable invisible mode, just now, to see what it is like. I don't feel any different, yet.

I can't see you! :laughing:

The invisible and the imaginary look exactly the same.

/ Modifying Profile to disable "Last Activity" and ""Current Activity" #5  

See who?