Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

Default Modifying Profile to disable "Last Activity" and ""Current Activity"

I notice some people have disabled "Last Activity" and "Current Activity" amongst other headings under their profiles. Im curious as to how this is done. Is it "Stealth/offline Mode"?

I also wonder why its an option... I understand people have a right to their privacy, but there have been times on here where we've found out of a member's passing or illness solely due to the date of their "Last Activity" causing people to look into their situation a bit further. If somebody really wants to browse anonymous, couldn't they just log out?

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Default Re: Modifying Profile to disable "Last Activity" and ""Current Activity"

Personally, I have "Invisible mode" (from http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...do=editoptions ) on as I dont want to advertise which threads I am reading.
    If you log out, you then cannot see the pictures hosted on TBN, or read some forums (politics, front porch) and you have to login to reply. Not worth it in my book.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

I guess I don't understand why it is a big deal for people to see or not see which thread you are reading? It's not like you are hiding in the closet looking at your old man's Playboys. Or is it?

I did enable invisible mode, just now, to see what it is like. I don't feel any different, yet.

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Default Re: Modifying Profile to disable "Last Activity" and ""Current Activity"

Quote Originally Posted by DT86 View Post
    I guess I don't understand why it is a big deal for people to see or not see which thread you are reading? It's not like you are hiding in the closet looking at your old man's Playboys. Or is it?

I did enable invisible mode, just now, to see what it is like. I don't feel any different, yet.
    I can't see you!

The invisible and the imaginary look exactly the same.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3400, Gizmow ZTR, Simplicity 7116H

See who?