Why when typing the cursor hangs up?

/ Why when typing the cursor hangs up? #1  

deepNdirt

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar YM-1700
As most of you who read my post know I'm kinda Long winded:eek: , in most of my post or threads I try my best to make my writing easy on the eyeballs, But when I try to space the paragraph's the cursor hangs in the same line, it doesn't move down when I hit enter key, so that I can start a new paragraph, I wind up writing the entire post with everything pushed together, I'll then go ahead and submit the post, come back and edit it, It is only then when I edit it I can space the paragraphs, It does allow me to space the words though, there is another issue that happens when I come back to edit it, Sentences become duplicated on it's own, I now have to back up and remove duplicates, :confused2: anyone else having this problem? even with this very post you can see that It didn't allow spacing paragraph's, the cursor simply doesn't drop down, its not the enter key because I can write emails and on other forums with no problems,:confused: and oh! and at times the cursor will hang up in one spot, I'll have to hit the space bar several times to get it to move, and when it does it moves the amount of times I previously hit the bar,

Last edited:
   / Why when typing the cursor hangs up? #2  
As most Know of you who read my post you know I'm kinda Long winded:eek: , in most of my post or threads I try my best to make my writing easy on the eyeballs, But when I try to space the paragraph's the cursor hangs in the same line, it doesn't move down when I hit enter key, so that I can start a new paragraph, I wind up writing the entire post with everything pushed together, I'll then go ahead and submit the post, come back and edit it, It is only then when I edit it I can space the paragraphs, It does allow me to space the words though, there is another issue that happens when I come back to edit it, Sentences become duplicated on it's own, I now have to back up and remove duplicates, :confused2: anyone else having this problem? even with this very post you can see that It didn't allow spacing paragraph's, the cursor simply doesn't drop down, its not the enter key because I can write emails and on other forums with no problems,:confused: and oh! and at times the cursor will hang up in one spot, I'll have to hit the space bar several times to get it to move, and when it does it moves the amount of times I previously hit the bar,

If you haven't already, try opening ( maximizing ) the window when you are typing.
I have experienced the problem you describe when posting on this site and opening up the window fixes it for me.
Ron

/ Why when typing the cursor hangs up? #3  
Long winded for sure, I only count two sentences. :confused2:

/ Why when typing the cursor hangs up? #4  
Known problem with IE 10 and the vBulliten software used to run the forums. Click the broken page looking icon on the toolbar and you return key should start working again. Or use FF or Chrome...

/ Why when typing the cursor hangs up?
Long winded for sure, I only count two sentences. :confused2:

My point exactly , I didn't bother to edit it in order to show how it comes out while I'm typing, :cool:
and you didn't have to jump so quick to agree with me being long winded:D

Thanks!
Pacerron & kennyd for the tips:thumbsup:

/ Why when typing the cursor hangs up? #6  
Could be account settings. In your profile, under general settings, Miscellaneous, you can check this...

Setttings.png

/ Why when typing the cursor hangs up? #7  
I have never had that problem using Firefox.

Perhaps I get too many paragraphs.

/ Why when typing the cursor hangs up? #8  
Not happening on Windows XP and Chrome.

I received a tip a long time ago, that makes things gooder :D, so I will pass it forward.

When you want to reply or post a new thread, double click and it puts you in the advanced mode.

Try it you'll like it! :thumbsup:

/ Why when typing the cursor hangs up?
Alright!
Big Thanks Guy's, daveshoot
it seems to be working correctly now,
what I did was to go and change
in the settings under Miscellaneous Options,
I changed it from Enhanced Interface
to Standard Editor, :D Happy!
and to think all the while
I've been doing it the hard way,:(

Attachments