Searching TBN

/ Searching TBN #1  

HappyOne

Silver Member
Tractor
L5740HSTC
I must be doing something wrong when searching. I never get results I want unless I search a single word. If searching for front loader, I will get results with only Front or Loader and some that have absolutely no relavence to front loaders. Is there a guide to help make me a better searcher?

/ Searching TBN #2  
Use google to do your search like this:

l5040 site:tractorbynet.com

Try it - it works!

/ Searching TBN #4  
Use the "Google Custom Search" at the top of the page...

Aaron Z

I don't have any "Google Custom Search" at the top of the page.:confused3:

Oops, yes I do have it. Thanks for the tip.

/ Searching TBN #5  
Use the "Google Custom Search" at the top of the page...

Aaron Z

great hit, I never noticed that box before and it works better than anything I have tried.

/ Searching TBN #6  
great hit, I never noticed that box before and it works better than anything I have tried.
Its fairly recent... As I understand, it does not search the Regional forums, the Front Porch or the Friendly Politics forum...

Aaron Z

/ Searching TBN #7  
Sorry to give you a bum steer...I use the iPhone app 99% of the time, and we sure don't have the google search feature on the app :(

/ Searching TBN
I usually avoid the Google search boxes on sites. Most forum sites I use have decent search built in but TBN must have theirs disabled. Thanks for all the replies, I now have the tools to do a decent search.

/ Searching TBN #9  
I usually avoid the Google search boxes on sites. Most forum sites I use have decent search built in but TBN must have theirs disabled. Thanks for all the replies, I now have the tools to do a decent search.
The problem with the built in one is that it is an "OR" search, so if I put in "Deere 755" it finds any posts with the word Deere OR the number 755. It is not the more normal AND search which would require that both Deere AND 755 be present to return a post.

Aaron Z

/ Searching TBN #10  
You are correct, it doesn't search any private forums. Only public forums.