Site Being Down?

/ Site Being Down? #1  

Dozernut

Veteran Member
Tractor
ZD1211, RTV900, LX2610SU and a SVL65 CTL
I have been unable to get TBN to come up since I believe last friday. Just got it back up late pm monday. What happened, I was needing a tractor fix, or did I enter the Twilight Zone? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Anyway I am glad its back!

/ Site Being Down?
Thanks for the reply. I have been unable to get TBN or Country By Net. These were the the only two sites that were unavailable, all the other sites I visit were fine.

/ Site Being Down? #4  
Everything has been OK on our end! Any particular error message?

/ Site Being Down?
No error message, just the screen telling that the site was unavailable.

/ Site Being Down? #6  
Sounds to me like you "may" have gotten that message once last Friday, but you probably have your Internet Settings configured to "Automatically Update Web Pages" rather than the "Check for updates on each visit".

Your browser was reading the TBN/CBN pages in your cache instead of what was currently out there.

On your toolbar, go to Tools..., then Internet Options->Settings and select the update on every visit option.

/ Site Being Down? #8  
Hmmm....

Several possible causes. A router being down is a fairly common one. Although you would usually notice other sites being down. Not necessarily many, but any that go through the same path.

Another is that your ISP's DNS sever may have been funky for a while. This happens fairly often. A DNS server is what tells computers that "tractorbynet.com" is us. So if your DNS server gets asked "where is tractorbynet.com?" and it checks it's database and nothing comes up, it tells you "doesn't exist."

So that might have been it.

-Ibrahim