Quick reference profile list

/ Quick reference profile list #1  

WVBill

Veteran Member
Tractor
Sold my Kubota B6100 when I moved to WA
Muhammad:

Last night I was telling my wife about the pictures people had posted of their snowfall and she asked if I know where all these people live. I said that I do but then realized that it would be handy to have some quick way of refreshing my memory.

I started putting together the attached file by going to the members profiles one at a time. Then I thought "Hey, Muhammad can probably do this with some programming magic and maintain it dynamically A LOT quicker than I can go thru over 1800 user profiles!"

What do you all think? Would this be handy? Muhammad?

18-31084-BillSig2.jpg

/ Quick reference profile list #2  
We thought about this before the last forum upgrade, but didn't implement it, obviously. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif The only way to do it is through a script like the rest of the forum, so it will update as the database updates... as new members join, and as members update their profiles, that information is shown on the user list page. I like your idea to list just the username, name, location, occupation, and tractor...

I'll try a few things and see what I come up with...

msig.gif

/ Quick reference profile list #3  
It does seem like that would be of interest to a lot of us, if it isn't too big a job. Aaah, what the heck, nothing seems too big for Muhammad./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Quick reference profile list #4  
I think a straightforward text list is an excellent idea. Even if it were not dynamic, a midnight/after-the-backups update would be fine... actually, would be better because I wouldn't have to wait for the database to return an answer every time I look.

<font color=green>mark</font color=green>
markcg_sig.gif

/ Quick reference profile list #5  
I like the idea, too, but are we talking about a complete listing of all registered members or a searchable list? I would love to be able to pull up a particular subset, such as all Kubota L2500 owners in California, or all retired law enforcement officers in Texas with tip 'n' tilt hydraulics. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Quick reference profile list #6  
That's something different that we'll be working on in the future... for now, we probably won't have any option to search profiles, but rather just a listing...

msig.gif

/ Quick reference profile list #7  
I like this idea a lot. I was thinking just a map with a point plotted with the name would be handy. I'm sure Harv could whip this out in no time. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

While I'm asking maybe a collection of outstanding posts, or post of the month, or first good post, ......

/ Quick reference profile list #8  
There used to be on the home page of TBN a list of the hot topics on the board, which you could click thru to. I am asking Muhammad to restore this function. How about it???

BobT.
A Indiana Boy

/ Quick reference profile list #9  
We're going to be working on #2 soon... after Valentine's day.

#1 is a great idea, too. I will put it on the to-do list. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Do you think it would be a good idea to link to the user's profile on each dot? Yeah, lots of dots... lots of links. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

msig.gif