Slow loading of 'Todays Posts'

/ Slow loading of 'Todays Posts' #1  

alchemysa

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B1550HSD
Anyone else having problems using the icons at the top of this page? The TBN home page loads as quickly as usual but the clicking through to other pages seems to be taking forever. I've only noticed it the last couple of days. Is it my connection or is it a TBN issue?

/ Slow loading of 'Todays Posts' #2  
Anyone else having problems using the icons at the top of this page? The TBN home page loads as quickly as usual but the clicking through to other pages seems to be taking forever. I've only noticed it the last couple of days. Is it my connection or is it a TBN issue?

I haven't noticed a problem on my end.

Steve

/ Slow loading of 'Todays Posts' #3  
I just tried loading it several times in a row using Firefox and it took between 3.5 and 4 seconds per load.
The same thing in Chrome (no Adblock Plus or NoScript) took between 1.7 and 3seconds.

Aaron Z

/ Slow loading of 'Todays Posts' #5  
i notice it constantly. I'm on 65meg wifi at work and can do sustained 28meg download speedsm and this site, generally is my slowest laoder.. I have a feeling it is waiting on adds.. nd the slowdown is not on the final transmission side.. but on the slots the adds fill while laoding. IE.. it may be waiting for the add site..e tc.

that's my guess.. i'm not an it guy. I just know other sites and blogs i read that use no adds.. load before i can unclick the mouse on this fast wifi..

/ Slow loading of 'Todays Posts'
Lately it seems to hang for ages on 'looking up tags.expo9.exponential.com', whatever that is.

I use a Mac. I'm having the same problem in Firefox and Safari. And its not just the icons. Clicking to any thread is suddenly taking much much longer. Perhaps its some problem between here and the US but other US sites seem to be loading OK.

Last edited:
   / Slow loading of 'Todays Posts' #9  
No slow here on XP and Chrome.

/ Slow loading of 'Todays Posts'
sounds like could need add blocker

Thanks for the suggestion. I installed adblocker on Firefox.

Clicking to 'Todays Posts' (and other TBN links) now takes about 3 seconds. Prior to that it was taking about 25 seconds. The same long delay is also happening on Safari but i haven't installed adblock on that yet.

This problem has only occurred in the last week and is only happening on this site. I use a desktop Mac so perhaps thats why no-one else has noticed it.