Ok, what's up with the search engine? "neutral safety switch" gets a zillion threads

/ Ok, what's up with the search engine? "neutral safety switch" gets a zillion threads #11  
Re: Ok, what's up with the search engine? "neutral safety switch" gets a zillion thre

I have asked this question again and again to no avail. Are there no INSTRUCTIONS for the search function? They might as well Delete thousands upon thousands of threads as they are of absolutely no use to anyone if they can't be found!
Might try mine from above:
The problem is that the built in TBN search engine uses "OR" with multiple words (ie: searching for "neutral safety switch" finds any posts which contain "neutral" OR "safety" OR "switch"). Searching with the Google search box in the top right will get you a better result.
There MUST be a way to specify a search string including the specified words together.
Oh, and you gotta love those people that only mention some model number! "Need help with my 7610" WTF!
Not on the built in search engine. There is on the google search box through. There using quotes will let you string together words that have to be together.

Aaron Z

/ Ok, what's up with the search engine? "neutral safety switch" gets a zillion threads #12  
Re: Ok, what's up with the search engine? "neutral safety switch" gets a zillion thre

I agree, but google is still way better than Bing. Microsoft keeps slipping Bing in on program downloads so sometimes I have accidently used it.....what a joke.

I swear though latelty Google is taking over the world. They have forced us into all this social media crap whether we want it or not. I have a gmail account and suddenly I'm caught in this giant Google web......kinda like the guy in the Fly.....help me....h e l p meeeee

Ya.. if it was easier, I'd drop Google altogether..

/ Ok, what's up with the search engine? "neutral safety switch" gets a zillion threads #13  

Try neutral safety switch Kioti DK40SE in the Google box.

Steve

/ Ok, what's up with the search engine? "neutral safety switch" gets a zillion threads #14  

So, are Google search results any different when accessing it while on a TBN page or is the same no matter what or where you are on the net?

I'm skeptical of Google because their main aim is to target you towards possible sites that may sell you something, not so interested in helping you find information.

/ Ok, what's up with the search engine? "neutral safety switch" gets a zillion threads #15  

So, are Google search results any different when accessing it while on a TBN page or is the same no matter what or where you are on the net?

I'm skeptical of Google because their main aim is to target you towards possible sites that may sell you something, not so interested in helping you find information.

exactly! The main 'hits' now are places paying to be there. Gone are the days of finding anything by simple syntax error ridden keyword strings.. Use to be the king of searching, but now simply sucks.

/ Ok, what's up with the search engine? "neutral safety switch" gets a zillion threads #16  

exactly! The main 'hits' now are places paying to be there. Gone are the days of finding anything by simple syntax error ridden keyword strings.. Use to be the king of searching, but now simply sucks.

Using the Google box in the upper right-hand corner limits the search to the TBN site.

You can limit a search to TBN from the Google page by using neutral safety switch site:tractorbynet.com. You will still get ads showing up, but they are few in number.

Steve

Last edited:
   / Ok, what's up with the search engine? "neutral safety switch" gets a zillion threads #17  

I find that a lot of the results that come up are because the search terms are in a poster's signature block. For instance, looking up: deere 72" MMM bagger, I get 10+ pages of results. A lot of them are from the same poster who has a couple of those terms in his signature block underneath the post.