Spell Check Feature

/ Spell Check Feature #1  

keithcom

Tractor
None at present.
Muhammad
Spelling was never one of my strong points.
Could you investagate adding a spell check feature to the Forum?
I don't know how the rest of the members feel but it would sure help me! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Thanks.
Keith

/ Spell Check Feature #2  
Keith,

We had a spellchecker on the forum a while back, but it didn't work very well, despite having a large dictionary. It also used a lot of server resources and slowed down the forum. Might consider one again in the future, but I can't really say right now.

msig.gif

/ Spell Check Feature #3  
Keith,
I'm w/ you..sure would be nice at times,mostly when my coffee level 3 cups low. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Spell Check Feature #4  
Keith,

I agree it would be handy. A lot of time when post ing a ratherlong post I will simply cut my post before I continue and open a new message window in my e-mail program, since we usually have it open also, run the spell check then cut and paste it back in my post. A little tidious but it works. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Shoot I even had foniks in skool!!!!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

2-31714-Cliffsig.gif

/ Spell Check Feature #5  
A spell checker would be a welcome addition. There is a way now to spell check posts similar to Cliff's but also pretty tedious. You can open your wordprocessing program, type up your post, spellcheck it, then copy it here and post it. I've never tried it but I think it could work.

Like Cliff said, you can use your email program but I think you could also use Word, Wordpad, Notepad or anything else that has a spell checker.

18-30989-tractorsig1.JPG

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by grantmo on 02/03/01 05:53 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Spell Check Feature #6  
Keith,
<font color=blue>Spelling was never one of my strong points.</font color=blue>

I can sure relate to that. In addition to not having a "spell checker" I couldn't help but notice the total lack of posts pointing out spelling and gramatical errors. My view is thats kind of nice and fits with the tolerance and acceptance you find on this board. I have never had any difficulty understanding the intent of a post as a result of spelling or grammer mistakes. If it sounds like I am pleading my own case, then I have been effective on this post./w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

/ Spell Check Feature
Muhammad
Thanks for the quick response
Thanks for the tips everyone.
I have used the e-mail or word processor copy and paste trick. (that's what Im' using now and how I spell Muhammad's name correctly!)
It's slow but beats trying to look everything up.....and I post soooo often /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Just wanted to see if there was enough interest among the members to justify further investigation or if I was the only one "whoo kant spel" /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Who knows, maybe one of the real computer wiz guy (Harv)
might know of a more compact spell check program.
Thanks again.
Keith

/ Spell Check Feature #8  
There are a number of task bar spell checkers that purport to spell check within apps like the TBN posts. Check these out if you like. They each cost around $30, but would be worth it for heavy users.

ZDNet Editors Pick: QuickSpell

ZDNet 5 Star : YTS Word Suite

BobT.
A Indiana Boy

/ Spell Check Feature #9  
we ain't hy-brow hey ah. eny wun cun rite hey ah with ut feer of reed a cule. Jast ol tractur fulks, not uppity folk.

/ Spell Check Feature
Bob T
Thanks for the info on the spell check programs.
It might come in handy in the future but for $30.00 I think I'll stick with cut and paste for now. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Del
I pasted your message into my e-mail and spell checked it, amazing, it read
"Who cares how you spell!!" /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Keith