Paragraph formatting lost on my quoted posts

/ Paragraph formatting lost on my quoted posts #1  

dave1949

Super Star Member
Tractor
Hanomag
I've noticed recently that when another poster quotes my posts, the paragraph separation is lost.

Is that something I can fix or not? I always use the built-in editor.

/ Paragraph formatting lost on my quoted posts #2  
I've noticed recently that when another poster quotes my posts, the paragraph separation is lost.

Is that something I can fix or not? I always use the built-in editor.
Can you show some examples? I will sometimes reformat a quoted post to get rid of extra lines, but otherwise TBN seems to keep formatting when quoting.

Aaron Z

/ Paragraph formatting lost on my quoted posts
   / Paragraph formatting lost on my quoted posts #4  
Pretty sure he deleted the space. Here is how 111 comes up when I quote it:
I really hope they don't do that. As far as I know all of the past empires and long-lasting civilizations achieved their longevity and greatness by militarily and economically dominating those around them. We have at least one thousand years of existence yet to be lived before we could be compared with those former great civilizations. You think Texas will go another thousand years without seceding? :)

The effects on those being dominated are generally culturally and resource severe, and long-lasting. The Philippines could be a modern case in point. They were dominated by the Spanish as a colony, and then by the US following the Spanish American War in 1898. You can read a brief history here: Spanish
What HS probably did was hit delete twice after the emoticon and then add a space (like so):
I really hope they don't do that. As far as I know all of the past empires and long-lasting civilizations achieved their longevity and greatness by militarily and economically dominating those around them. We have at least one thousand years of existence yet to be lived before we could be compared with those former great civilizations. You think Texas will go another thousand years without seceding? :) The effects on those being dominated are generally culturally and resource severe, and long-lasting. The Philippines could be a modern case in point. They were dominated by the Spanish as a colony, and then by the US following the Spanish American War in 1898. You can read a brief history here: Spanish

Aaron Z

/ Paragraph formatting lost on my quoted posts #5  
I've noticed recently that when another poster quotes my posts, the paragraph separation is lost. Is that something I can fix or not? I always use the built-in editor.

This ^ is how a quoted or edited post appears when using the iPhone app on my iPhone 5. All paragraph separation is lost.

It wasn't always this way but I can't remember exactly when it started happening but it was some time last year. I have reinstalled the app at least once to try to fix the issue but it did not change anything.

:confused:

/ Paragraph formatting lost on my quoted posts
This ^ is how a quoted or edited post appears when using the iPhone app on my iPhone 5. All paragraph separation is lost.

It wasn't always this way but I can't remember exactly when it started happening but it was some time last year. I have reinstalled the app at least once to try to fix the issue but it did not change anything.

:confused:

Thanks. I wondered what could cause that. It happens often enough that I doubt people are deleting the blank lines.

I've noticed the TBN built-in editor swallows extra space characters in a line. Makes it hard to format simple columns. I gave up and use dash characters between the columns.

Each '100' was typed with four spaces after it.
100 100 100 100