Will we get to 4 million posts in 2014?

/ Will we get to 4 million posts in 2014? #21  
See this thread:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300557&page=117&p=3728102#post3728102

I could include more words to get 25, but you can probably think of them yourself.
larry

I have not participated in that thread. Didnt even know what it was about and why there were so many posts until the other day I thought I'd check it out. Just a way to boost post count. Probably good for TBN as it looks good to advertisers having that many posts each day or whatever...

I could careless what my post count is. And that shouldnt be the sole reason anyone posts IMO. Cant say I do this 100% of the time, but I try to only post if I have something usefull to contribute. Nothing wrong with an occasional well placed "I agree". Especially when someone is looking for advise on one thing or another. Kinda a way of voting what I would do so the OP can kinda form a tally of sorts.

But I personally dont care for the threads that drag on just to up peoples post count. Not my cup of tea. But I certainly wont hold a grudge against those that do, or think any less of them and members of TBN.

/ Will we get to 4 million posts in 2014? #22  
I have never quoted this long of a quote. I agree with everything LD1 has said. We have a few members that have as many as 10-15,000 posts with at least 98% a guess) of them having absolutely no value what so ever. Then there are the threads that are about nothing. They may or may not have started that way but have progressed to that state.
I use to post more often, until so much of this started.
BTW There are a FEW with large post counts that got there with very knowledgeable posts.
Give me me a minute to put my helmet and body armor on.:)

I have not participated in that thread. Didnt even know what it was about and why there were so many posts until the other day I thought I'd check it out. Just a way to boost post count. Probably good for TBN as it looks good to advertisers having that many posts each day or whatever...

I could careless what my post count is. And that shouldnt be the sole reason anyone posts IMO. Cant say I do this 100% of the time, but I try to only post if I have something usefull to contribute. Nothing wrong with an occasional well placed "I agree". Especially when someone is looking for advise on one thing or another. Kinda a way of voting what I would do so the OP can kinda form a tally of sorts.

But I personally dont care for the threads that drag on just to up peoples post count. Not my cup of tea. But I certainly wont hold a grudge against those that do, or think any less of them and members of TBN.

/ Will we get to 4 million posts in 2014? #23  
I got enough problems that I don't worry what other people are doing. Seen any Pallets lately?:D

/ Will we get to 4 million posts in 2014? #24  
I got enough problems that I don't worry what other people are doing. Seen any Pallets lately?:D

Thats why I said I dont fault or think any different of those who post alot. We all come here to TBN for different reasons. Some for help, some to assist those that need help, some to share what we like to do and projects and such, and some just come on here to chat and make friends even if it has nothing to do with tractors.

People just use the forum for different reasons. Cant say one is more right or wrong than the others. The beauty of TBN is if you dont like a thread, you arent forced to participate. I like to TBN for about all of the reasons. I like to ask help when needed, assist those in need when I can, share projects I like to do, and on a rare occasion, just do some BS-ing with fellow members when I got nothing else to do. Those just here for some BS-ing, nothing wrong with that at all IMO. And if I ever get to the point where I am not tinkering on things, or dont need help with anything, maybe I will be one of them types too

/ Will we get to 4 million posts in 2014? #25  
Thats why I said I dont fault or think any different of those who post alot. We all come here to TBN for different reasons. Some for help, some to assist those that need help, some to share what we like to do and projects and such, and some just come on here to chat and make friends even if it has nothing to do with tractors.

People just use the forum for different reasons. Cant say one is more right or wrong than the others. The beauty of TBN is if you dont like a thread, you arent forced to participate. I like to TBN for about all of the reasons. I like to ask help when needed, assist those in need when I can, share projects I like to do, and on a rare occasion, just do some BS-ing with fellow members when I got nothing else to do. Those just here for some BS-ing, nothing wrong with that at all IMO. And if I ever get to the point where I am not tinkering on things, or dont need help with anything, maybe I will be one of them types too

Speaking of which, How did the splitter go for you? How about that IH you were playing with?

/ Will we get to 4 million posts in 2014? #26  
Speaking of which, How did the splitter go for you? How about that IH you were playing with?

Splitter works awesome. Looking forward to some dryer weather so I can cut up some real wood to give it a workout. I split maybe 1/2 cord of a pine top and willow top that had blown down over the winter. And I like the speed and ergonomics.

The IH300 is on the back burner. Its done and runs well. I threw the seat off the old lawn mower that donated its motor for the splitter on it. And put the IH fast hitch back on. So I can use it to drag logs and move trailers and stuff now. But have had a few interested in buying it, so I will likely sell it. IF not, I will make a 3PH for it. Was a pretty fun project though. kept me sane while out of work.

/ Will we get to 4 million posts in 2014? #27  
Splitter works awesome. Looking forward to some dryer weather so I can cut up some real wood to give it a workout. I split maybe 1/2 cord of a pine top and willow top that had blown down over the winter. And I like the speed and ergonomics.

The IH300 is on the back burner. Its done and runs well. I threw the seat off the old lawn mower that donated its motor for the splitter on it. And put the IH fast hitch back on. So I can use it to drag logs and move trailers and stuff now. But have had a few interested in buying it, so I will likely sell it. IF not, I will make a 3PH for it. Was a pretty fun project though. kept me sane while out of work.

Glad to hear your back at work:thumbsup:, good luck to ya!

/ Will we get to 4 million posts in 2014? #28  
Glad to hear your back at work:thumbsup:, good luck to ya!

Thanks. Good to be back I guess.

I miss the time off and being able to do whatever I want. And being able to do lots of tractor jobs and digging jobs. And being home with the kids. But its good piece of mind to have that stable income again.

/ Will we get to 4 million posts in 2014? #29  
I have never quoted this long of a quote. I agree with everything LD1 has said. We have a few members that have as many as 10-15,000 posts with at least 98% a guess) of them having absolutely no value what so ever. Then there are the threads that are about nothing. They may or may not have started that way but have progressed to that state.
I use to post more often, until so much of this started.
BTW There are a FEW with large post counts that got there with very knowledgeable posts.
Give me me a minute to put my helmet and body armor on.:)
... Then theres the title "Epic Contributor" that accrues. I respect it when it means something. :confused3:

/ Will we get to 4 million posts in 2014? #30  
So what will happen first? Soundguy gets to 47,500 posts OR TBN gets to 4 million? I thought it would be a interesting question to ponder. I even have 25 words with this low end of mediocre post! :laughing: