Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast
    Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Default Did we just lose Friendly Politics?

Am I the only one who can no longer access any Friendly Politics threads?

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Default Re: Did we just lose Friendly Politics?

From the new sticky in Friendly Politics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad View Post
    A number of frequent posters to the Friendly Politics forum have had their access revoked. The conduct in this forum is not "friendly" and if it doesn't change in the next month, we will be shutting down the friendly politics section. Name calling, insults, hate, bigotry, racism, etc, have no place on TBN so we're not going to allow it in this forum either, even though it's private.

Thank you!
    Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    Am I the only one who can no longer access any Friendly Politics threads?
    I don't think so.
    Murph

Tractor
    Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc

Looks like I'm out. HS

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    N. Holland tc30

So has only 'certain' posters been ousted or has the whole forum been expunged?

Tractor
    NH TL-100A with Bush Hog 5045 FEL, WR Long 3rd function, LS XR4046HC w/FEL,,Woods BBX72" cutter, Woods GSM84P rear grader.

I have never found it. I thought once you had a certain number of post you had access to it.

Where is it / was it?
    Rick

Trying to work smarter instead of harder with Technology and Horsepower!

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Quote Originally Posted by houstonscott View Post
    Looks like I'm out. HS
    Ambassador, maybe you and I could moderate a "not so friendly politics" forum where the ground rules are "no blood, no foul".

Honestly, we yammer and insult each other but no worse that what happens on playgrounds all over the world. The intellectual stimulation and ability to discuss/argue with fellow citizens from across the political spectrum trumps the nastiness IMO.

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

I love politics and enjoy discussing it, but refused to be a part of it on here because of how it changed how I felt about some of the people on here. Sometimes it's just better to focus on the positive and enjoy what we have in common then trying to win an argument. In my opinion, creating the Friendly Politics section on here was one of the biggest mistakes those who own and run this site could have ever made. And yes, I've been deleted and told to behave numerous times and I'm sure I'll cross the line again in the future.

Eddie

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3930

Quote Originally Posted by rlgustafson View Post
    I have never found it. I thought once you had a certain number of post you had access to it.

Where is it / was it?
    After a certain # of posts, you could apply to be a member. It was set up as Private, due to the contentious subject material.

It's teetering on the brink of being shut down. Reminds me a bit of a notorious ramp on a major interchange in Toronto, where plenty of roll-overs happened. A roadside radar display board was set up, to show the vehicle's speed.... they ended up taking the radar down, as the problem sub-set of humanity kept trying to see what their Personal Best Speed could be....

The forum is up, at the moment. I post there occasionally, and posted these italicized comments below this morning.

I don't consider myself a saint, by any stretch, but try my best to adhere to the pretty simple rules presented. I'm old enough that I'm a bit nostalgic for the days when some of the comments that people keyboard would have gotten their teeth loosened, when said in person....

Short of kicking somebody off a forum, or shutting it down entirely, there are no consequences on the Internet. Some people don't stop, until that happens.

I hope the forum can be retained. It can serve as an important area for really critical issues, many of which are Ag related. One item I'm thinking of is the recent rancher standoff with the BLM out in AZ (?), over the Turtle Issue.

I for one can forgive somebody for getting a little too verbose about something like personal land rights, you can understand the emotional investment they have. The problematic discussions that recently have been clamped down on are mostly of the petty school-yard type.

Class Dismissed Rgds, D.

It would be unfortunate to have this forum closed down, even though I totally agree with the reasoning presented for doing so.

We're guests here guys; if we keep our debates clean and reasoned then we may retain the privilege of hanging out here. It's that simple.

I somebody wants toxic exchange, a lot of the Internet has degenerated to that level. There is plenty of that dialog available elsewhere, for those so inclined.

One of the things I appreciate about TBN is the effort that goes into keeping things cleaned up...... it's a non-trivial amount of work policing the playground.

Rgds, D.

Tractor
    Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    Ambassador, maybe you and I could moderate a "not so friendly politics" forum where the ground rules are "no blood, no foul". Honestly, we yammer and insult each other but no worse that what happens on playgrounds all over the world. The intellectual stimulation and ability to discuss/argue with fellow citizens from across the political spectrum trumps the nastiness IMO.
    I think the anti Semitic stuff eventually poisoned it, that's beyond politics. To bad though. HS

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast