Veteran Member
    Tractor
    MF 1455v 4wd, 1040FEL

Default Sent Private Messages

I sent a couple of PM's today in response to one received from him. Later when I went back to the "my home" area I noticed that the "sent private messages" didn't show those sent earlier today. Is that the way it should be? Do they not show up as sent messages until they are read or something? Thanks, but just concerned that they may not have been sent.

Tractor
    none any longer

Default Re: Sent Private Messages

Glenn,

When you send a PM, you have to select the boxes below your message that indicate how you want your message handled.

___ I want to keep a copy of my message
    ___ I want to receive a read receipt
    _X_ I want to preview my message

On the first 2 options, the default is "not selected". If you want a copy and want to know when it's been read, you have to select those options.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

<font color="blue"> I noticed that the "sent private messages" didn't show those sent earlier today</font>
    Hi Glenn, you did check the box entitled I want to keep a copy of my message for those messages you were expecting to see in your Sent Messages folder, right?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    MF 1455v 4wd, 1040FEL

Thanks for the response, but that's not my problem. I'm aware that I could have checked the block for a read notice, but my question is related to the "sent private messages" total that appears at the "my home" area. The PM's that I have sent today did not appear in that total, and if I click on "sent private messages" they don't show up.

Tractor
    none any longer

If you don't select "keep a copy", it doesn't keep a copy and doesn't show up in the "sent PM" count.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

<font color="blue">I'm aware that I could have checked the block for a read notice,</font>
    That's not the check box I referred to.

<font color="blue"> if I click on "sent private messages" they don't show up. </font>
    The only messages that will show up when you click on "Sent Private Messages" are ones that you specifically checked the I want to keep a copy of my message box.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    MF 1455v 4wd, 1040FEL

Thanks for the help. No, I didn't check that I wanted to keep a copy, but was confused by the sent private messages total. I guess I figured that all that had been sent would be in the count. Live and learn.