Pop up box

/ Pop up box #1  

J_J

Super Star Member
Tractor
Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST
Is there any way to get rid of the pop up block when you hover over a post.

It describes the post?

/ Pop up box #2  
Yep, they do get bothersome.

I just put the pointer over near the left edge, then use the Page Down button to scroll the Posts, and they don't show up.

Last edited:
   / Pop up box
I thought there might be a setting to get rid of it.

Perhaps Muhammad can offer a fix.

/ Pop up box #4  
Umm -- its been doing that ever since i joined tbn i think. I like the feature to see if it worth reading before opening the thread. I didnt know it bothered people. I always keep my mouse over to the right off the words as i glance down the threads and hover if I want to read a bit before opening.

/ Pop up box
I do a page by page read, and the pop up block gets in the way.

I also move the cursor to the side, but is still irritating to have to deal with it.

A simple selection for on or off would be appropriate.

/ Pop up box #6  
No. And i wouldnt want it gone. Preview is a great feature and saves a ton of time and unnecessary page loading/views. Your cursor in any of the gray 2nd column should prevent the popup.

/ Pop up box
What do you mean no, for everyone or yourself.

My eyes are old and tired and I would rather not try to read whatever is in that pop up block.

I can scan rather quickly for key words, which is how post should be written. Key words first.

An on/off switch would be very appropriate.

/ Pop up box #8  
What do you mean no, for everyone or yourself.

My eyes are old and tired and I would rather not try to read whatever is in that pop up block.

I can scan rather quickly for key words, which is how post should be written. Key words first.

An on/off switch would be very appropriate.

Since this change you are requesting would likely have to restyle the website and remove it for all the other users, I dont want to lose what I consider a very good and useful function. The web designers on this site could comment more accurately but I believe that there is no easy way for a user to enable or disable the pop up in their individual UI.

A more pressing issue than this mere visual annoyance to a small group, would be the complete lack of functionality with the Android TBN ap that has many effected users, and even a thread on the topic which has over 2000 views and received no response from management.

Last edited:
   / Pop up box
Muhammad,

What say you on the on/off switch for the pop up.