**Winners** of the 4,000,000th Post Contest!

/ **Winners** of the 4,000,000th Post Contest! #21  
I bet the horses appreciated it!

/ **Winners** of the 4,000,000th Post Contest! #22  
I bet the horses appreciated it!
I sure hope they did... We are hoping to get our 20+ year old Thoroughbred (17+ hand ex racehorse) through the winter without looking like a skeleton when we take the blanket off in the spring...

Aaron Z

/ **Winners** of the 4,000,000th Post Contest! #23  
I'm surprised he is getting thin that early. My 15-18 yr olds are all fat.

Now my 32 yr old, I just burried him, he looked like a skeleton all 2014. I could feed him till he almost foundered, calf manager, senior diet, red cell, corn oil, molasis, fat supplement, you name it. Straight alfalfa hay, plus choice of grass or coastal, alfalfa pellets.. etc. Just couldn't, keep wait on the ole boy. He had all his teeth and could roll right up untillmthe morning he died. In fact I fed him some extra about midnight one night as I was in the barn. He was 'fine', next morning 7am, gone.

Good luck with yours. I tried every trick I know plus stuff from the feedlot, vet and farrier. We were trying for 33 but missed it by about a week.

/ **Winners** of the 4,000,000th Post Contest! #24  
I'm surprised he is getting thin that early. My 15-18 yr olds are all fat.

Now my 32 yr old, I just burried him, he looked like a skeleton all 2014. I could feed him till he almost foundered, calf manager, senior diet, red cell, corn oil, molasis, fat supplement, you name it. Straight alfalfa hay, plus choice of grass or coastal, alfalfa pellets.. etc. Just couldn't, keep wait on the ole boy. He had all his teeth and could roll right up untillmthe morning he died. In fact I fed him some extra about midnight one night as I was in the barn. He was 'fine', next morning 7am, gone.

Good luck with yours. I tried every trick I know plus stuff from the feedlot, vet and farrier. We were trying for 33 but missed it by about a week.
Not sure his actual age (believed to be around 20 and thats what the vet said his teeth looked like), but we have had a hard time keeping weight on him in for the past 3 years we have had him.

Aaron Z

/ **Winners** of the 4,000,000th Post Contest! #25  
Some animals are just hard keeps, good luck with him