Annoying Pop up adds.

/ Annoying Pop up adds. #21  
If it was only me then I would say yes it is my computer but it isn't, there are a number that people complaining about the "Pop Up Ad". I understand about advertising helping with the site cost, good but just take away the pop ups.
Muhammad (the site owner) has said that they don't use popup ads (see his quoted post below) and the only popup should be the "login/register" one that shows up when you aren't logged in. If you are getting others post a screenshot so that they can look at it. Just complaining that "I am getting popup ads" doesn't really give anyone anything to go on.
I have tried using TBN on 4 computers in 3 locations with up to 3 browsers on each computer (some combination of Firefox or Chrome and IE) and after disabling all the adblockers NONE of them get these popups/takeover ads between pages, just the ads around the perimeter.
As such (especially given the number of computers I have removed popup causing adware from where the owners had no idea that the popups were being caused by adware), it is my personal (and professional) opinion that you and the others who are having issues with popups probably have adware on your computers.
See the post by Piloon (post #3) for someone who had adware on their computer which was causing popups.
Hi Everybody,
It seems one of the companies that serves ads for us had an issue with their ad code and it started serving up ads that it wasn't suppose to be serving---like pop-ups, takeover ads, etc.
We have removed this ad code from all pages. Please let me know ASAP if you see ANY takeover ads or pop-ups (other than the TBN registration/login popup) on the site either by posting in this thread or submitting a support ticket. These ads should not be showing. If they are, it's an error, not because of anything we did intentionally.

Edit: take a look at this knowledgebase article from Apple: Remove unwanted adware that displays pop-up ads and graphics on your Mac and a 3rd party article with some automated tools: Remove virus from Apple Mac OS X (Pop-up Ads and Adware)

Aaron Z

/ Annoying Pop up adds. #22  
The ads are very annoying on my iPad and they only happen when I'm on TBN. It's normally a car ad and appears on the bottom and constantly flashes and relocates as I scroll. Here is a screen shot:

image.jpg

/ Annoying Pop up adds. #23  
I have Firefox with ad block plus and that takes care of it.

/ Annoying Pop up adds. #25  
The ads are very annoying on my iPad and they only happen when I'm on TBN. It's normally a car ad and appears on the bottom and constantly flashes and relocates as I scroll. Here is a screen shot:

View attachment 418448

I get those on the iPad also. You can touch the little "X" to close it while you're there, so at least it isn't jumping around as you scroll. But then it pops back up as you go to other pages...

/ Annoying Pop up adds. #26  
Good people are responding to this.

Here is mine:

image.jpg

As all can see it isn't ones persons problem and again I for one am not against ads, just not pop ups that override my computer, we don't know what else they are doing.

Added:
Here is a other one I just got, not a car ad as usual.

image.jpg

/ Annoying Pop up adds. #27  
Well they are getting worse.
Pop up are now for Fights, getting way to many of these pop ups and it is causing the page to resize over and over again.
Please don't tell me it is my setup, this is the only site they appear on so they are coming in with the site.
Please turn them off.
They are so annoying I am seriously think about leaving the site.
I know my loss but it is as it is.

/ Annoying Pop up adds. #28  
This is continually a very annoying feature of this site. It's constantly resizing the window and copy/paste function won't work when the ad is operating in the background. It also is expanding past car ads, now I'm getting breakfast sausage ads.

To me it's so aggravating that I HATE Toyota and I have never even owned one. Between the annoying ads and all their recalls I now can't stand them! Jimmy Dean will be next.....

image.jpg

/ Annoying Pop up adds. #29  
NEVER buy a Toyota!

image.jpg

/ Annoying Pop up adds. #30  
Found a great ad block for the IPad, called Weblock. It did cost $1.99 but it rocks! It removes all the ads on this site! No annoying pop ups, no ads on the side or anywhere. TBN is good again.