Narrow a search

/ Narrow a search #1  

Boria

Tractor
Massey 1643
I know this thread doesn't belong here but I don't know anywhere else to put it.

Is there somewhere on this forum that will teach you how to narrow a search down? Everything I have tried doesn't work and I am getting very frustrated. I have tried "quotes", -dashes-, and/or, etc. and I get the same search results everytime.

/ Narrow a search #2  
I moved your post to the "News and Feedback" forum.
I would suggest that you use the Google search box in the top right corner of the site, or a Google search which contains: "site:tractorbynet.com"
The built in forum search takes each word and does an "OR" search, so if you search for "Brush Cutter" it searches for posts containing the words Brush OR cutter.

Aaron Z

/ Narrow a search #3  
I'll second using google. so using the above example. Search (brush cutter site:tractorbynet.com) I didn't use the quotes so it wasn't confusing. If you get to many hits that way. try ("brush cutter" site:tractorbynet.com) If you still get to many results I find that using the subtract method works well. If you get a lot of for sale items for instance, do your search like this ( "brush cutter" -sale site:tractorbynet.com) usually those combinations work. If nothing else, try varying your search terms.