TractorByNet on a Windows 8 Phone

/ TractorByNet on a Windows 8 Phone #1  

bobm6996

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5010 4WD HST Cab, Mahindra 2615 Gear, Scag Tiger Cat 48", Gravely 42" ZTR, EZ GO Gas Golf Cart
Does anyone have the tractorbynet app running on a Windows 8 phone? I searched and the app can't be found.

/ TractorByNet on a Windows 8 Phone #2  
Hmm, I think first I'd need a Windows 8 phone... sorry, no help here! :ashamed:

/ TractorByNet on a Windows 8 Phone #3  
Apple sell the iPhone that has the Apple 8.2 operating system and Tractorbynet functions in that environment. The question is, is there an app for the Windows 8 operating system.

/ TractorByNet on a Windows 8 Phone #4  
Duplicate post.

/ TractorByNet on a Windows 8 Phone #5  
I have long given up on the tractobynet apps. I just use the browser.. Works fine.

/ TractorByNet on a Windows 8 Phone #8  
I have a Windows 8 phone (EX MS) and I love the OS. Unfortunately, WINAPP store does not have as many APPs as the others, but who needs five egg timer apps. On my phone I have a meternome, a tuner, a decibel meter, the business apps I use for my job but when it comes to TBN.....I use a browser and on my desktop.

/ TractorByNet on a Windows 8 Phone #9  
Windows Phone comes with one of the most functional mobile browsers there is. iPhone and Android have "apps" to access websites because their browsers suck and creating an app is the only way for website owners to ensure their website works on those phones. Windows phones really don't require apps to access websites (which is good because with their small market share, nobody wants to develop for that platform currently). Go to the site in the browser, pin the site to the start screen, you then have something better than an app, you get all the functionality a site offers. The few banking sites that have created Windows Phone apps have abandoned them because their sites worked better in the browser than within their dedicated apps. Most apps are playthings, redundant, or are workarounds to a crappy platform.

/ TractorByNet on a Windows 8 Phone #10  
Windows Phone comes with one of the most functional mobile browsers there is. iPhone and Android have "apps" to access websites because their browsers suck and creating an app is the only way for website owners to ensure their website works on those phones. Windows phones really don't require apps to access websites (which is good because with their small market share, nobody wants to develop for that platform currently). Go to the site in the browser, pin the site to the start screen, you then have something better than an app, you get all the functionality a site offers. The few banking sites that have created Windows Phone apps have abandoned them because their sites worked better in the browser than within their dedicated apps. Most apps are playthings, redundant, or are workarounds to a crappy platform.

I develop for all three platforms, and differences in browser capability are extremely minor. And MS is by no means on top with their mobile browser -- it's good but not better. As far as apps go, there are quite a few apps that do things websites could never or should never do, and are extremely capable. Based on the number of requests I get from Windows Phone users, they desperately want some of these apps. You may not care about them, but most Windows Phone customers do.