Forum Update - Test it out

/ Forum Update - Test it out #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Hi Everybody,

We've been working on an updated forum design and have a test forum for you to try out.

Click here to try it: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/forum.php?styleid=181

If you want to go back to the current design, click here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/forum.php?styleid=136

While the functionality of the forum remains the same, the main advantages of the new design are:

- Up to 40% reduction in page load times
- Full mobile and tablet compatibility with responsive design

Let me know if the new design is displaying for you, and how you like it.

Keep in mind that this new test URL will only work in some forums (including the main forum page and search results, as well as some of the individual forums). So if the design is switching back and forth from old to new, that's because it's in testing.)

Thanks!

/ Forum Update - Test it out #2  
I'm using a desktop PC with Windows & Firefox and don't see any difference between the 2 links.

/ Forum Update - Test it out #3  
On my ipad i still get constant popups. There driving me off of t he site. That screwy little popup in the bottom just floats all over the page. You can x it out, but it just pops back in again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    700.6 KB · Views: 384
   / Forum Update - Test it out #4  
looks the same to me. I see no difference in the layout, but might be loading a little faster.

/ Forum Update - Test it out #6  
Looks OK to me. I'm on a desktop running Windows7 with Google Chrome via ADSL2 landline...

None of that newfangled mobile/tablet malarkey that the young whippersnappers use for me!

/ Forum Update - Test it out #7  
image.jpgimage.jpgNow the popups are cutting out half the page.

/ Forum Update - Test it out #8  
I haven't looked at the new one yet because some have mentioned pop up ads - I HATE pop ups ! Ads on the side, top, or bottom are OK as long as they are not animated or video that eats up bandwidth.

/ Forum Update - Test it out
That's the same theme as before. I'm not sure if you guys are blocked from the theme or not. Will test more today. :confused2:

/ Forum Update - Test it out #10  
Running Chrome under Win 8.1, link does not seem to change the theme at all for me.