New post layout.

/ New post layout. #1  

J_J

Super Star Member
Tractor
Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST
I am glad to see the new post layout.

Just the basic info needed.

Some people had so many tractors and accessories that only one post showed on a page.

Besides, I don't think it is good idea to advertise all your tractors and accessories anyway.

In posting, one can tell everyone what they have and get responses to same.

I am really concerned with the question, not all the HF tools and a list of 7 to 10 tractors and chain saws, etc.

The first sentence in a post should indicate the machine one is asking questions about.

/ New post layout. #2  
I both disagree and agree with you J-J.

I agree that displaying an entire inventory under the "Tractor:" isn't required. If a member wants to do that it can be listed in their profile in a non-displaying section.

I do like to glance over and note a member's rig(s) as it can assist in my own decision if I can contribute or help.

/ New post layout. #3  
I haven't seen the apparent topic mentioned but have long thought entirely too much space was being use.

Walt Conner

/ New post layout. #4  
I would like the tractor info to remain in the new forum layout but I agree with J_J in that some members go overboard when it comes to their tractor roster. Perhaps this sub-section of the member info could be limited to, say, 50 characters or three lines or some other limit. Just list your main tractor(s) first. Whenever I see the long lists of tractors and equipment along the left side of the post, I never read beyond the first 2 or 3 items anyway.

/ New post layout. #5  
I haven't seen the apparent topic mentioned but have long thought entirely too much space was being use.

Walt Conner
This is the topic, in the new forum design.

attachment.php

Attachments

• npl.JPG
    npl.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 203
   / New post layout. #6  
Well someone draws pretty lines but doesn't explain anything, more wasted space.

Walt Conner

/ New post layout. #7  
Well someone draws pretty lines but doesn't explain anything, more wasted space.

Walt Conner

J J explained it in the first post.

The snip is the new post layout, with no tractor information.

/ New post layout. #8  

Walt Conner

Walt, I'm looking at this thread in the 'old skin' (format) and it's displaying your tractor as Tractor: Dixons

The new format only displays Join Date, Posts and Location.

Muhammad has stated that the Tractor info will be included in the new format (the new format is a work in progress).

/ New post layout. #9  
Walt, I'm looking at this thread in the 'old skin' (format) and it's displaying your tractor as Tractor: Dixons

The new format only displays Join Date, Posts and Location.

Muhammad has stated that the Tractor info will be included in the new format (the new format is a work in progress).

Thanks,

Walt Conner