Typing delay when trying to edit a post

/ Typing delay when trying to edit a post #1  

CCWKen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford-3910, JD-420C, Kenbota-Custom, IH-2606
Every time I've tried to edit a post there's a horrible delay between keyboard entry and the characters appearing on the screen. Many characters are missing and I have to backspace and correct it or type one character every two seconds or so. I don't know if it's the spell checker causing the delay or what. It's very irritating and happens only when editing a post. Is there a way to turn off spell checker? I already have it on my browser.

I know I don't type that fast. :)

/ Typing delay when trying to edit a post #2  
I'm a two finger typist, plus I think a lot. I often go in to edit my posts and do not experience any delay.

/edit - and didn't this time either.

/ Typing delay when trying to edit a post
It does for me. The little spell check squiggly under each character follows along as I type. (When editing)

Or perhaps I'm being monitored. :shocked:

/ Typing delay when trying to edit a post #4  
Maybe things in your time space continuum are warped. it is likely you have transcended the cosmic reality of it all. Perhaps you mind is faster that the matter that surrounds you and it just cannot keep up with you. You might be a genius and not even know it. Happens to me all the time.

/ Typing delay when trying to edit a post #5  
Maybe things in your time space continuum are warped. it is likely you have transcended the cosmic reality of it all. Perhaps your mind is faster than the matter that surrounds you and it just cannot keep up with you. You might be a genius and not even know it. Happens to me all the time.
I fixed your post for you, while I am editing my own to see if I can recreate the OPs' problem and so far not. No I am not a spelling nazi.

Maybe you got something working in the background on your 'puter that is hogging all or most of the ram. After editing this post to fix my own mistakes I find everything working as it should. I must defer to this statement that you've got a r.a.m. hog working in the background and it is taking up all/most of your memory.

/ Typing delay when trying to edit a post #6  
I fixed your post for you, while I am editing my own to see if I can recreate the OPs' problem and so far not. No I am not a spelling nazi.

Maybe you got something working in the background on your 'puter that is hogging all or most of the ram. After editing this post to fix my own mistakes I find everything working as it should. I must defer to this statement that you've got a r.a.m. hog working in the background and it is taking up all/most of your memory.

I've only worked with computers for a few weeks but a "r.a.m. hog" should slow it down all the time. Unless he is popping open a lot of windows when he goes to edit. For example I'm running Chrome and Task Manager shows about 10 Chrome processes sucking up about 1 gig of RAM.

/ Typing delay when trying to edit a post #7  
That would be my guess. I have never run into this issue unless my computer was otherwise swamped.

Aaron Z

/ Typing delay when trying to edit a post #8  
When I get about 30-35 tabs open at the same time mine 'bogs down' a bit. I just close some of the tabs and everything goes back to normal. Keep in mind people that altho I can type, I am not a speedy typist. 80-90 wpm was my father, not me.

/ Typing delay when trying to edit a post #9  
I've randomly experienced this as well. Very frustrating. Have to insert at least a 2 second delay between each key stroke. I just quit, back out, come back in and try again. Most times this fixes it. If not, I'm so frustrated by then that I just move on.

/ Typing delay when trying to edit a post #10  
If you have a game open and sitting on the tool bar it will hog your r.a.m., too. The more programs you have running even in the background the less r.a.m. you have for current things like posting.