Double Post, Double Post....I'm seeing Double

/ Double Post, Double Post....I'm seeing Double #1  

Kyle_in_Tex

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 4310,JD5420
So far this morning, 4 out of 5 postings have been doubled.

/ Double Post, Double Post....I'm seeing Double #2  
I think it may have something to do with a delay and the posting doesn't seem to go through so we hit it again. I have done that in the past.

/ Double Post, Double Post....I'm seeing Double #3  
I have done it a few times, and I know I only hit the button once, but there was some kind of weird delay

/ Double Post, Double Post....I'm seeing Double #4  
I recheck after I post and if there is a duplicate, I delete the second one. Or sometimes the first one.

/ Double Post, Double Post....I'm seeing Double #5  
Sounds like a good way to get double the activity on a website. Just sayin...

/ Double Post, Double Post....I'm seeing Double #6  
If you use the new posts option, and use Firefox, I've found that using the pulldown menu and going back to the search results page instead of the back button alleviates the double post issue. Which only occurs when it hangs and the "leave page" dialog box appears.

/ Double Post, Double Post....I'm seeing Double #7  
I use Firefox and am getting real,y frustrated with the double posts. I don't hit the save button more than once. It just hangs and double posts. I think the server is too slow and can't handle the volume.

I finally gave up deleting the doubled posts. If it wants to double post, so be it, I'm not deleting them anymore.

I've never heard a mod or administrator address the issue on this site either.

Too bad, because it's one of the nicest sites with the most useful info and nicest people I've come across.

/ Double Post, Double Post....I'm seeing Double #9  
That is the way I do it. Just delete the second post. No big deal to me.

/ Double Post, Double Post....I'm seeing Double #10  
That is the way I do it. Just delete the second post. No big deal to me.

Same here, just delete one and go on.... or don't delete one... it just doesn't matter in the big scheme of things.:confused3: