Win 10 Question

/ Win 10 Question #1  

weldingisfun

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4500 4WD w/FEL, and Scotts S2048 lawn tractor
Just wondering if anyone else, using Win 10, is experiencing this? Every so often, 7 to 10 days, while I am using the computer the monitor will just go black. After about a minute or two the blue screen comes up with a message that Windows experienced some problems and must gather information. It also reads that it with restart when finished and not to shut off the computer. Then the screen will go black again for 3 to 5 minutes. Another message will appear reading that Windows is checking for updates. That message may come up 2 or 3 times before it finally restarts the computer. The whole process runs 10 to 15 minutes. I am hoping some of the computer wizards of smart can tell me what is going on.

/ Win 10 Question #2  
I'm running Windows 10 but don't think I've had that happen. And of course I'm not even close to being computer wizard.:laughing:

/ Win 10 Question #3  
Run a virus cleaner and a malware sweeper on your computer.

/ Win 10 Question #4  
Been running windows 10 now for ~2 months since I got a new computer and never have those issues. And I do actually shut the computer down more than I ever did the old one. Perks of having a SSD drive. From off to logged in is about 10-15 seconds tops:thumbsup:

/ Win 10 Question #5  
Nope, got two running Win10 without that going on. Make sure you have Windows Defender running, too..... [ comes free with Win10 ]

/ Win 10 Question #6  
Check your display driver. Sounds like that could be the issue. I have a windows 7 machine that does something similar. It could be trying to get the latest driver which isn't compatible with your machine so then it rolls it back until the next time it tries to do an update. There is a way to block it from doing certain updates, but I don't know it off the top of my head. It is a bit different than in the past.

/ Win 10 Question #7  
I've had that happen a couple of times after installing some new software. Some sort of incompatibility issue, it figured it out and fixed it though. I don't recall what software but my plan was to go back to restore point prior to installing the software and go from there, but Windows fixed itself and no problems since.

/ Win 10 Question #8  
I had exactly that same thing happen when I installed windows 10 a couple of months ago. I tried to fix it by using different clean up and malware programs, but no luck.
I finally took it in to a shop, and he fixed it the same day. There was a bunch of incomplete files from a failed download that was stalling an misdirecting the commands. Glad I did it, the machine went from a Geo Tracker to a early model 'Vette.

/ Win 10 Question #9  
I had exactly that same thing happen when I installed windows 10 a couple of months ago. I tried to fix it by using different clean up and malware programs, but no luck.
I finally took it in to a shop, and he fixed it the same day. There was a bunch of incomplete files from a failed download that was stalling an misdirecting the commands. Glad I did it, the machine went from a Geo Tracker to a early model 'Vette.

For future reference a registry cleaner should pic that up. I use CCleaner Pro to keep my system clean. There is a free version but for a few bucks it clears many megabytes of junk loaded on your machine each time you connect to the internet. cleans the register too.

/ Win 10 Question #10  
Not that I can help either way, but is this a clean install of windows 10 or an upgrade?