Testing E-mail Notices

/ Testing E-mail Notices #11  
Just FYI, The notification on the Control Page is working, actually never stopped working. :thumbsup:

I quit using the email notification a long time ago.

/ Testing E-mail Notices #12  
Just FYI, The notification on the Control Page is working, actually never stopped working. :thumbsup:

I quit using the email notification a long time ago.

Here's the 411, We like/want our email notices back, we don't like the control page, it's not efficient, don't understand it, uses to much energy, make's my brain hurt, make's my feet hurt and causes global warming, better get fixed or I'll demand a full refund
:newhere:

/ Testing E-mail Notices #13  
Here's the 411, We like/want our email notices back, we don't like the control page, it's not efficient, don't understand it, uses to much energy, make's my brain hurt, make's my feet hurt and causes global warming, better get fixed or I'll demand a full refund
:newhere:

AND... "infect your soul, curve your spine and keep the country from winning the war." -George Carlin-

/ Testing E-mail Notices #14  
And burn your toast! :laughing: That's the worst thing ever that could happen :eek:

/ Testing E-mail Notices #15  
I say, "let them eat toast"
I think he meant to title this thread: Toasting-e-mail-notices?!
Anyway, glad someone is on the case...
I really think this needs to be fixed sooner than later-

Thanks, Muhammad

PS. BTW, if you could fix the double post thing it would be appreciated, too.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / Testing E-mail Notices #18  
Email notifications looking good here today......

/ Testing E-mail Notices #19  
Working here too and no double posts. I'm curious as to what the problem was...its the engineer in me. :D

/ Testing E-mail Notices
Working here too and no double posts. I'm curious as to what the problem was...its the engineer in me. :D

Several years ago our server was marked as a spammer (by our own members) so a lot of people weren't getting the e-mail notices. We ultimately made the decision to modify how vbulletin sends e-mails and routed all notices through a third party e-mail sending service, which touted 99.9% delivery rates. Of course, after a few years and a bunch of our members marking our notifications as spam, that host put us on a spam list and disabled our account. We've been working with them to reinstate our account (which they said they did, but our site was still unable to connect).

Long story short, in all of these years we have changed servers and our old IP address, which was marked as a spammer, is no longer being used. So we're back to using our own server to send e-mail notifications and that seems to be working based on the fact that it's working on my end and the replies here suggest that it's working for others as well.

Based on past experiences, I fully expect our members to start marking the messages as spam again, and in time we will need to go back to a third party sender. :laughing: