TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!!

/ TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!! #21  
I agree Ed, I had been awhile since i has signed into TBN. When I read post it seem sometimes they go south fast and run off track with arguments. I try to watch what posts I reply too and some members that I try to avoid. One comment can destroy a whole thread.

It seems like when I first joined it was not like this. I do not have as many posting under my belt as some of you guys. I might have a lot more if some members would become more civil on what they post. I also think we have all gone down that rabbit hole one time or another.

/ TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!! #22  
I must live a sheltered life. The threads I read here are friendly and polite, informative, helpful. I've been reading TBN since 2003 and simply don't see the changes described above.

'Friendly' Politics is the only exception.

/ TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!!
I have been Known to say things that I need say sorry for later, everyone does. I just hope we can as a group try to put others feelings ahead of our opinions. I also don't see a problem with saying, I or we could help you better if we had a pic or video, but we have no right to demand anything of anyone except that they obey the rules of TBN. Ed

/ TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!! #26  
When I reply to a thread, I usually have my 'life experience' that I am relaying to the OP. If someone tries to call "Bull S***" on it I don't really care that much. I will just unsubscribe from the thread and move on. I try not to offend in forums or in real life.

You will never hear/see 'dont do that' from me. Nor will you ever hear/see me call 'BS' on what another poster says.

We all have different personalities in here and I try to get along with everybody. At one time I had two people in my ignor list, but since then have removed them, mainly because if they post in a thread it makes the thread hard for me to read with the gap the IL makes.

/ TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!! #27  
Like I said before, I think most times people are asked for pictures or a video are truly in the interest of helping them out. It is very hard sometimes across thousands of miles of ethernet cable to get an idea of whats going on. And a simple picture or video can really clear things up in a hurry and get to the bottom of an issue.

And there is nothing wrong with not agreeing with someone. If everyone agreed on everything all the time, this would be a pretty lame forum. Its the differences that bring out GOOD discussions and learning experiences. Differences in operating equipment, differences in building styles, differences in how to cook something, etc. Sure, sometimes it can go too far and get into personal attacks. But I think for the most part it stays civil. There have been some good discussions, and I have learned lots, that have stemmed out of a disagreement on something.

/ TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!! #28  
As Canadians we soon learn that we need to avoid talking of guns and the right to own them as well as politics with our southern neighbors.
However I do admit following your election process on TV to be most fascinating. I get the impression that the money spent on your primaries could exceed our national budget, or at least that of many smaller countries.

But then we also have our quirks, like don't speak English in a french bar in some parts of Quebec as you could end up wearing your drink. To some, 'protecting french' is about as hot a topic as the right to bear arms.

Going back a number of years (FLQ days) we sort of had our own immigration issues when hoards of English speaking Quebecois left Quebec for Ontario.
And now our current hot issue is that Quebec wants to maintain its own long gun registry as if it is needed, but that is yet to happen. ( As if a .22 or a bird gun is a weapon of mass destruction or an assassin's weapon of choice.)

Last edited:
   / TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!! #29  
Politics and religion are the two topics I stay away from. I wont discuss them in person, so why would I in a forum?

Now guns is a different game. I LIKE guns and have owned several in the past, but the way the law is here I can't own any mainly because you MUST be licensed to own them and I can't due to one of the rules in the licensing procedure, [and it has nothing to do with a criminal record] {I don't have one}.

/ TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!! #30  
As far as I can tell, guns ARE "religion and politics" for many, very vocal, people. So those discussions are about as fruitful.