TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!!

/ TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!! #1  

Ed of all trades

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere X310, JD LA 145
This used to be a nice forum and still is to a large extent. Many people are kind, caring, and this is a wide spread family of tractor nuts. Lately it seems that there are grown people acting like school kids. They are rude and insulting. If you can't prove it to me then I don't think you have a problem. In other words people owe them a video and if they don't get it the other person is a fibber. It is a shame, makes me feel bad for the person with the problem and the person who thinks that way. Wonder how many people have not joined, or left TBN because of junk like that? :2cents: Ed

/ TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!! #2  
Seems to go with the political season. I have seen it on other boards. Insults replace intelligence.

/ TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!! #3  
Ed: well said.

Regardless of political season, phase of the moon, 'time of the month', or if you just had a bad day, it boils down to the core reason a board like this is so valuable. A place to share experiences, ideas, and common interest. No need to 'prove' anything, just be kind, honest, and respectful. We all have our own ways of doing things, but need to be modest enough to be open to other's ways might work too, maybe even for ourselves. I've learned LOADS here, and other boards, it's no different than kindergarten, be nice, listen to others.

Thanks for a great site!

/ TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!! #4  
I have noticed a lot of posters are gone. Even a moderator. Life is too short lets be nice to each other.

/ TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!! #5  
I try my best to be polite, but since English is not my native language I run constantly the risk that something gets lost in translation. Experienced being called a complete idiot a couple of times but taking into account that this is the internet and people have a different behavior than in real life. But I must say that this is one of the forums with the best behavior among members.

/ TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!! #6  
My native language is 'Saracasm and Irony' which I often have trouble translating into 'Forum English.'

/ TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!! #7  
This used to be a nice forum and still is to a large extent. Many people are kind, caring, and this is a wide spread family of tractor nuts. Lately it seems that there are grown people acting like school kids. They are rude and insulting. If you can't prove it to me then I don't think you have a problem. In other words people owe them a video and if they don't get it the other person is a fibber. It is a shame, makes me feel bad for the person with the problem and the person who thinks that way. Wonder how many people have not joined, or left TBN because of junk like that? :2cents: Ed
I hope the video comment is minor. I often use a phrase like "pics or it's an internet rumor" just because we all love pics, especially of new tractors.

Ed: well said.

Regardless of political season, phase of the moon, 'time of the month', or if you just had a bad day, it boils down to the core reason a board like this is so valuable. A place to share experiences, ideas, and common interest. No need to 'prove' anything, just be kind, honest, and respectful. We all have our own ways of doing things, but need to be modest enough to be open to other's ways might work too, maybe even for ourselves. I've learned LOADS here, and other boards, it's no different than kindergarten, be nice, listen to others.

Thanks for a great site!

Time is also seasonal. I've only been here since 2009 but it seems every winter the flames wars get hotter than in summer and fall when we can all get on our tractors. Idle hands are the devils typist.

I try my best to be polite, but since English is not my native language I run constantly the risk that something gets lost in translation. Experienced being called a complete idiot a couple of times but taking into account that this is the internet and people have a different behavior than in real life. But I must say that this is one of the forums with the best behavior among members.

Actually it seems that most posters from nations other than the U.S. are more polite, use better English and have better spelling than the rest of us.

My native language is 'Saracasm and Irony' which I often have trouble translating into 'Forum English.'
Yup, same here, got to remember to add :) :) :) emoticons.
You did mean Sarcasm didn't you?

Those who are reading this (southern translation - y'all) may have missed the clamp down by Muhammad about two years ago where a number of the more "violent" offenders were warned then banned for a while.

Many of these offenders had hundreds, if not thousands, of posts without EVER mentioning a tractor and only seemed to post to promote their particular agenda. Usually it was political but sometimes just ranting against a way of life.

Some of those banned left parting messages to the effect that they would never return. Unfortunately some of those have come back and are back to their previous posting "standards" - hundreds of posts, nothing about tractors, all politics or complaints.

I expect it to only get worse as the US is now in a constant election cycle.

/ TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!! #8  
I guess I haven't noticed the change you guys speak of.

It takes all kinds to make up this forum.

There are lots of issues where a video or picture can be worth a thousand words. If I need a picture or video to help someone out with a problem, I have no issues asking for one. Its not because I dont believe they have a problem. Its because I really want to help, but am unable to due so based on their description of the problem.

I am sure we have all see the threads lacking serious detail. Like "My tractor wont start, can you please help". And nothing more...

/ TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!! #9  

That reminds me of some friends I met in college in Mass who loved to bust everyone's chops in good fun. It took a while to realize it, but years later I learned it's common behavior in some parts of the country. When I moved south, I was the Yankee and had to be careful not to offend with that same behavior. I can't help but make fun of myself and situations around me since it's a good way to deal with all the crazy parts of life.

Without question, TBN is among the better forums I have been on in terms of civility, friendliness, and most importantly, learning. You folks are a wealth of knowledge about country life and I learn something new every day. There are sometimes attitudes/agendas/rants in posts, but they usually stick out so much they are easy to ignore.

/ TBN'ers We need to be nice!!!! #10  
This used to be a nice forum and still is to a large extent. Many people are kind, caring, and this is a wide spread family of tractor nuts. Lately it seems that there are grown people acting like school kids. They are rude and insulting. If you can't prove it to me then I don't thinck you have a problem. In other words people owe them a video and if they don't get it the other person is a fibber. It is a shame, makes me feel bad for the person with the problem and the person who thinks that way. Wonder how many people have not joined, or left TBN because of junk like that? :2cents: Ed

I have noticed a lot of posters are gone. Even a moderator. Life is too short lets be nice to each other.

Well said. Couldn't agree more. My PM settings have been tightened and my ignore list grows. It's not the place it was 10 years ago.

Edit: Neither is the world we live in, but that's a poor excuse.

Last edited: