New user title levels?

/ New user title levels? #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bird, another thing I noticed was serveral post that had unregistered listed. I didn't know you could post if you weren't registered. Is this new? Thanks, John )</font>
Those are people that lost their registration privileges at one time possibly during the time that the site had a melt down a long time ago.

/ New user title levels? #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( i clicked on it and it does say TITLE " LURKER" almost sounds indecent )</font>

What about "Peeping TBN'er?" /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ New user title levels? #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bird, another thing I noticed was serveral post that had unregistered listed. I didn't know you could post if you weren't registered. Is this new? )</font>

John, someone else can correct me if my memory's wrong, but I think that's another "old" thing instead of new. I think there was a time when anyone could post, but now they have to be registered.

/ New user title levels? #14  
Bird:

I know what a "lunker" is, what a "clunker" is (me) and what a "dunker" is. A "lurker" must be someone on a street corner, unemployed and unsavory, begging for money??? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ New user title levels? #15  
<font color="blue">A "lurker" must be someone on a street corner, unemployed and unsavory, begging for money??? </font>

Guess I wouldn't qualify then...I don't beg for money...otherwise I think I may qualify.

Food yes, I can beg for that...now that the wife is out of town for six more weeks... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New user title levels? #16  
Bill:

You aren't doing the Mickey Dee thing are you?? That's bad for your health. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ New user title levels?
Hey Bill,
Since the wife is out of town, stop up one day next weekend at check out the Harbor Freight store and stop at the Homier sale while they're in town...
You can fill your van with stuff from Harbor Freight and then you can buy a Farm Pro tractor and tiller while your wife is gone and surprise her when she comes home! After all, three tractors are better than two!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New user title levels? #18  
Andy:

I think if Bill brought home a Homlier tractor, Kazuko would probably relegate his butt to the shed /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can't get into Harbor freight either. I think they are actually a little worse quality wise than TSC. At least TSC has a few things American made. Harbor has zip.

Like that little lathe they sell. What a piece of junk. If I was to get a little machine I'd get a Prazi Maxiturn.

/ New user title levels?
Boy, Daryl, I'm once again getting WAY off the original topic...

Buying American versus buying Chinese...

I love to go into Harbor Freight. You can stand in the front of the store and look towards the back, and WOW, look at all them tools!

However, I'm like you. My income comes from good old American manufacturing. It's important that we buy American whenever we can. I love Craftsman hand tools as much as the next person. However, I can't justify paying that much more for something if I'm going to use something very occasionally...

It's a constant struggle of what's good for my wallet versus what's good for American manufacturing as a whole.

Another example of the struggles I face in my mind...

The company I work for recently began buying their steel related component items from China. While this decision is not good for the American steel industry, it enabled us to compete with our competitors' products that are 100% Chinese made. It keeps us alive for a few more years. So, while one industry is laying people off, we are adding capacity and additional employees.

Is the TOTAL end result better? I don't think it is, but on my end, things are looking a lot better with my job security. Of course, some day in the future, I could be the one on the outside looking in...

/ New user title levels? #20  
We are way off subject, but what the heck, it's better than a long distance phone call as I assume you don't have a Nextel.

With the Chinese buying up all the scrap and the import tarriff rolled off by my favorite president, Mr. Blusch, we are going to get an abundance of Chinese steel much to their profit and our eventual demise. I better start practicing eating with chopsticks (could use Henro's wife for a teacher). Wonder if our new currency will be the Yen instead of the Euro?

I am beginning to think that our gummit has given up trying to make the world in general, come up to our standards. I believe that the Gummit is just going to lower our standards to theirs. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Personally, I like Snap-On or Matco for tools, hand tools that is. For precision tools, L.S. Starrett, Brown & Sharpe or Fred Fowler can't be beat as long as you have the wallett to handle it. I usr IR for air tools and DeWalt (Black & Decker) for power tools.

I am about buying quality. Quality lasts, cheap lets you down when you need it most.

Oh, I forgot. Kubota and JD for tractors. I do have a TSC special for mowing the lawn. Made by MTD from imported iron. MTD only buys the cheapest crap they can. I know, we used to sell them steel. That is, all our rejected material.