Why is half of my screen gone?

/ Why is half of my screen gone? #31  
If you haven't already, install AdBlock Plus (Adblock Plus - Surf the web without annoying ads!).
Its available for Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer and it blocks most ads.

Aaron Z
Thanks aczlan. I installed AdBlock Plus when I saw your post a couple weeks ago and haven't had an issue since then. It's a shame the site can't handle the ads it allows on it, but I understand the ads formats are constantly changing to manipulate sites too.

/ Why is half of my screen gone?
Aren't sites like Adblock just infiltrating your computer to get personal data for their own use?

/ Why is half of my screen gone? #33  
Aren't sites like Adblock just infiltrating your computer to get personal data for their own use?

From what I could find, Norton rates it as "OK" or safe. There are, however, copycats of the original that can be dangerous.

/ Why is half of my screen gone? #34  
No (although there are some addons which do that), AdblockPlus downloads a list of rules to block ads and each time your browser tries to load a page, it reviews the list.
If something is on the list (say a connection to doublelick.net), it is blocked.

Aaron Z

/ Why is half of my screen gone? #36  
Just not worth fighting with it! I had to refresh every single page at least 7 times before I could read anything tonight. I give up! Time to find a different forum for me!

It's always sad to see a buyer not get his money's worth.