How do I stop the email torrent?

/ How do I stop the email torrent? #1  

dickfoster

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1538TLB
How do I stop this board from sending me email for every new message in every thread I've been following? :confused: I thought I'd set that preference but it keeps stuffing my email box. :mad: I read other message boards and they don't misbehave in this fashion.

Why do threaded and hybrid display modes not work correctly? It keeping hopping back to the first message in the thread regardless, it seems to do it each time a new ad loads up which is often.:confused2: I have to revert to linear mode to stop it which makes following conversions more difficult.

/ How do I stop the email torrent? #2  
Are you on a phone or computer?

On computer click "My Home", then subscriptions.

/ How do I stop the email torrent? #3  
I am curious about this, too. Under "Subscriptions," it only shows what threads are subscribed to. You can delete the subscriptions, but not email notifications from there.

In the "General Settings" under "Messaging & Notification," there is a selection for "Default Thread Subscription Mode" with a note under it that reads:
"When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread."
I haven't yet found where to exercise that option.

/ How do I stop the email torrent? #4  
Same boat here. I've been trying to stop all the emails to no avail.

/ How do I stop the email torrent? #5  
I am curious about this, too. Under "Subscriptions," it only shows what threads are subscribed to. You can delete the subscriptions, but not email notifications from there.

In the "General Settings" under "Messaging & Notification," there is a selection for "Default Thread Subscription Mode" with a note under it that reads:
"When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread."
I haven't yet found where to exercise that option.

Go to http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all then click on the checkbox in the top right corner.
Scroll down to the bottom, click on "selected threads" and choose "Through my control panel only" from "Update Subscription Type", then click on "Go" in the bottom right corner of the drop down menu.
Repeat on each page.

Aaron Z

/ How do I stop the email torrent? #6  
Thanks, Aaron!

Is there a global setting option somewhere that makes this an automatic setting, without having to update every new subscribed thread? That would be handy.

/ How do I stop the email torrent? #7  
Thanks, Aaron!

Is there a global setting option somewhere that makes this an automatic setting, without having to update every new subscribed thread? That would be handy.
Its the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" you mentioned earlier. Set it to "Through my control panel only" if you want to make a change for an individual thread (when replying), switch to "Go Advanced" and you will have a drop down to change that.

Aaron Z

/ How do I stop the email torrent? #8  
Its the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" you mentioned earlier. Set it to "Through my control panel only"...

I had it set up that way from the beginning, but still get individual emails.

Maybe it's a noob thing ... ?