problem reporting spam

/ problem reporting spam #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
Reported one of the "live streaming" posts.
There was a second one by the same user name - tried to report it and got the message I didn't have permission
newbury, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, your account may be awaiting activation.

/ problem reporting spam #2  
It was probably already reported and undergoing moderation. Or the user was in the process of being banned.

/ problem reporting spam #3  
Yep, if that happened, the user was probably banned between when you loaded the page and when you went to report it.
That moves the thread out of the forum where it was and to a place where only moderators have access to it.

Aaron Z

/ problem reporting spam #4  
Reported one of the "live streaming" posts.

I've been reporting those as spam for weeks but the problem continues. What is the point of reporting if nothing is done to fix it? :mad:

/ problem reporting spam #5  
Things are being done to fix it, the problem is that it will slow down for a few hours or a day after a change, then ramp back up once the spammers find a way around the new system.

Aaron Z

/ problem reporting spam #6  
Ah, yes. You report'em, the moderators remove'em, and the boss is searching for a more permanent solution. So don't give up.

/ problem reporting spam #7  
Okay I'll keep report'em

/ problem reporting spam #8  
I was wondering what those live streaming post was doing on this forum, thought they was some new annoying TBN feature/addition that I don't want.

/ problem reporting spam #9  
What about doing like some forums where your first two/three posts must me approved by Mods before they are posted for the public to view?

/ problem reporting spam #10  
the boss is searching for a more permanent solution.

Wonder if the IP address could be blocked? Or even a range of IP addresses corresponding to geographical region?