Why do hyperlinks drop zeros?

/ Why do hyperlinks drop zeros? #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
   / Why do hyperlinks drop zeros? #2  
I don't know why it happens, but after I post it, I edit it and put in the missing zeros.

Bruce

/ Why do hyperlinks drop zeros? #3  
   / Why do hyperlinks drop zeros? #5  
I think the forum software pares some of the data in the text that shows, while retaining the integrity of the URL, as observed by hovering over the link. At the bottom of the page the location that the link will take you is displayed, which is the same as the plain text example above.
I just embed a link in the conversation, the same link is in check out this genny at Amazon.

/ Why do hyperlinks drop zeros? #7  
I link to a lot of "stuff".

For example this generator:
Link plain dropping the https - //www.amazon.com/DuroMax-XP10000EH-Starting-Portable-Generator/dp/B00LT8S7IY
Link using the link tool
Amazon.com: DuroMax XP1EH, 8 Running Watts/1 Starting Watts, Dual Fuel Powered Portable Generator: Patio, Lawn & Garden

When I do a preview both look the same. When I post it comes up with the zeros missing
Which zeros are missing? Both your links have 4 zeros in the model number and 2 in the item number.

Aaron Z

/ Why do hyperlinks drop zeros?
Which zeros are missing? Both your links have 4 zeros in the model number and 2 in the item number.

Aaron Z

This is what it looks like to on my system (Chrome) missing-zero.JPG:

/ Why do hyperlinks drop zeros? #9  
Not a fix for the way the software parses the links but a solution might be something like: TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL

Something else to consider is...if a user's browser allows cookies/scripts etc...and or a user is "signed in" to a commercial site...links you click on will be parsed (and appear in the address tray, where they are dragged or pasted from) with (user) identifier strings...