Opening attachments is SLOW

/ Opening attachments is SLOW #1  

jcummins

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, F3680, Mule Pro Fxt
It's never been quick....but lately it's much slower than it was in the past.

Has there been a change?....or is it my system that the problem?

/ Opening attachments is SLOW #2  
I'm not having problems. I just checked two posts with photo attachments and all opened in short order.

Steve

/ Opening attachments is SLOW
Hmmmm. Not having any other PC type issues. I just checked another forum...problem not on it, so it's just here.

Not sure where to even look.

/ Opening attachments is SLOW #4  
Yes - some times when opening an attachment - it opens line by line by line. Majority of the time it just blinks open. Might have something to do with overall activity on TBN site.

/ Opening attachments is SLOW #5  
At first I thought the thread was about slow opening FEL attachments :D

/ Opening attachments is SLOW #6  
At first I thought the thread was about slow opening FEL attachments :D

In the news/feedback forum;)

I have noticed some attachments load slower as well. I just though it was the size of the images people are uploading. Every pic I load has to be resized. These darn smart phones take such high resolution pics now, it is rare that I get one under 5MB. and TBN limits uploads to 1 MB.

/ Opening attachments is SLOW #7  
In the news/feedback forum;)

I have noticed some attachments load slower as well. I just though it was the size of the images people are uploading. Every pic I load has to be resized. These darn smart phones take such high resolution pics now, it is rare that I get one under 5MB. and TBN limits uploads to 1 MB.
It was limited to 1MB for a while and most people could not upload their big pictures: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/news-feedback/350535-trouble-posting-pics.html

It is now set at 10MB, or 5000x5000 pixles, which is way too big. :eek:

fs.JPG

You can right click on a picture, then click "Inspect", it will show the size of the picture.

If it loads slow, the picture is way bigger than necessary.