Could you move the ad?

/ Could you move the ad? #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
Muhammad -- I bought your book and love it, but does the ad have to be on top of every single forum page? How about keeping it on the home page and the list of forums, but hiding it when we get to the actual messages? Sure would save a LOT of scrolling down! Just a thought...

Pete
www.GatewayToVermont.com

/ Could you move the ad? #2  
I dunno, Pete. That's paid advertising space up there, which just happens to be showing the book right now. There will always be something there, unless we want to remove a source of income from the web site that we enjoy for free, day in and day out. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Compared to banners on other sites, the ones here have always been tasteful and fairly pleasing to the eye. For all the effort Muhammad puts into improving this site on a continuous basis, I think I can tolerate a little scrolling here and there. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Hmmmmm... That sounded a little bit like I'm jumping down your throat, but I really don't mean it that way, Pete. Just putting my own thoughts into pixels, same as we all do. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Could you move the ad? #3  
I agree with you Harv. If you want to see offensive, bothersome ads, click over to Yahoo or MSN. Or for the "utlimate" try out AOL. And you get to PAY for that!

This TBN is practically a pricless resource to me. Unless we all want to kick in 10-20 bucks a month, we should be willing to tolerate the ads here.

BobT.
A Indiana Boy

/ Could you move the ad?
Yeah, I see your point. Maybe it wouldn't be so annoying if there were different ads on different pages. This is like seeing the same commercial on television at every single break. But you're right; it's a minor inconvenience.

Pete

www.GatewayToVermont.com

/ Could you move the ad? #5  
I'd like to cut the size of the ad down a bit, down to a standard banner size, but right now time is being spent on some other items... like the speed issue and some new features.

msig.gif

/ Could you move the ad? #6  
Muhammad - Has further consideration been given to issuing a print copy of your book? I will eventually buy the online version if I can't get it any other way, but I really would prefer a paper copy and would be willing to pay more for this (in advance, if this would help speed things up).

/ Could you move the ad? #7  
Yes, but I still can't say if on exactly when it might be available in print version.

Advance purchase of the print version is a possibility we might consider...

msig.gif

/ Could you move the ad? #8  
Boy, this one is nothing (eye penalty wise) have you seen those that flash flourescent green to red and back really fast.

And with the availability of free webspace or for a TEENSY amount of money you can have your own site with NO ads, people still use those STUPID geocities websites for their stuff? You know, those ones that keep popping up small NEW WINDOWS OF CRUD? I've even seen legitmate companies using that idiotic outfits webspace. ("Uh, Fred, we can save $20 a year if we force our customers to have these pop up windows..."

del

/ Could you move the ad? #9  
Yes, the joys of free web space. My computer currently has some ad thing leeched to it. I've done everything I can think of to get rid of it, but it still appears once in a while and I have to end the program with task manager in NT... you can't even close it. Then once I end it, three other windows pop up and my home page gets set to gohip.com or something. The things these people dream up...

msig.gif

/ Could you move the ad? #10  
Muhammad,
Is is the one that pops up and says that you have 1 Message Waiting and then you can't get rid of it except to click it and then it goes to an advertisement? I can't get rid of that one either and I have a friend who is a programmer for a major company and he couldn't fine where it was buried either.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF