Jumps ahead when I click on a new to me thread?

/ Jumps ahead when I click on a new to me thread? #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
Why does this happen? When I click on a thread I know I have never read it will jump to page two and start me out reading post 33 for example. I have my Thread Display Options set to Linear - Oldest First so when I click on a thread I have never read it should start on page 1, post 1. I am using Firefox 54.0.1 (32 bit). It has done this as long as I've been a member.

/ Jumps ahead when I click on a new to me thread? #2  
The only time that happens to me is when someone posts to an old thread, it goes to the new post which may be on page two.

I just now tested by going back to 2011, (before I joined) in the Projects Forum and clicked several multi-page Threads, all opened to the first post.

Using Chrome and W10.

/ Jumps ahead when I click on a new to me thread?
I just switched to using Chrome and it still happens but not every time.

/ Jumps ahead when I click on a new to me thread? #4  
Next time it happens, Check the date of the previous post to see if it is an old thread.

/ Jumps ahead when I click on a new to me thread? #6  
Were you in the Rural Living Forum or Today's Posts?

Post #38 was on 05-25-2017, 10:32 AM, I don't know if that is enough of a time gap to not go back to the first post in the thread.

/ Jumps ahead when I click on a new to me thread? #7  
Same for me, sometimes it will open to the second or third page of a six page thread.

Were you in the Rural Living Forum or Today's Posts?

Post #38 was on 05-25-2017, 10:32 AM, I don't know if that is enough of a time gap to not go back to the first post in the thread.

Rural Living.

I didn't know there was a todays posts section

/ Jumps ahead when I click on a new to me thread? #9  
It is at the top of the page. Just click Today's Posts or New Posts And pick the ones that look interesting.

tp.JPG