Database Errors Again?

/ Database Errors Again? #11  
Had the same issues this AM. Lost two posts.

/ Database Errors Again? #12  
Yup, me too. Ditto to all of the above.

Maybe the overnight cleaners unplugged a server from the wall to plug in their vacuum cleaner?

/ Database Errors Again? #13  
Same here. Posted some replies. Database error, then appeared to post, now those posts are gone.

/ Database Errors Again? #14  
Just had the same here. What I do when it happens is select all and copy my post so I don't loose it then refresh the page to see if it posted. That way I avoid a duplicate post and most of the time the post is there despite the database error message.

I just switched to Chrome to try and do away with other issues which has so far helped. Was having to click back twice to go back and was being redirected several pages in on threads I had never visited. Both seem to have been due to using Firefox.

/ Database Errors Again? #15  
Same issue as last time. Something is occasionally hiccuping and breaking one of the tables (the table used to search all the posts.) It doesn't affect the data, but it does affect the ability of the forum to operate smoothly. It's an easy fix, I just take down the database and run a repair. However, TBN has a lot of posts, and it takes close to a full hour to run this check and repair.

It's completed, and I'm going to keep an eye on it for a bit. But things should be okay. Post counts and reply counds might be off on some threads until a new post is made and some other minor issues that should resolve themselves. But I'm going to keep watching to make sure we're running again. If I have to do any more checks or repairs, I will.

Happy Sunday!

/ Database Errors Again?
Same issue as last time. Something is occasionally hiccuping and breaking one of the tables (the table used to search all the posts.) It doesn't affect the data, but it does affect the ability of the forum to operate smoothly. It's an easy fix, I just take down the database and run a repair. However, TBN has a lot of posts, and it takes close to a full hour to run this check and repair.

It's completed, and I'm going to keep an eye on it for a bit. But things should be okay. Post counts and reply counds might be off on some threads until a new post is made and some other minor issues that should resolve themselves. But I'm going to keep watching to make sure we're running again. If I have to do any more checks or repairs, I will.

Happy Sunday!

Thanks.

Steve

/ Database Errors Again? #17  
Will come back in an hour.. see if the problem is cleared up. tks

/ Database Errors Again? #18  

Happy Sunday!
Thank you!

/ Database Errors Again? #19  
I still can't get to the last pages of some threads.

/ Database Errors Again? #20  
I still can't get to the last pages of some threads.
What worked last time was to reply to the thread in the last page you could view. Once you replied you could then see the last page and go back and forth any page in the thread.
The other option that worked (at least for me) was to open the thread from the app on my phone and that would let me see the last page of the thread.

Aaron Z