Hurricane Harvey Thread

/ Hurricane Harvey Thread #1  

rekees4300

Elite Member
Tractor
JD4300
As the OP of the Hurricane Harvey thread I'm disappointed I was not consulted before it was locked. I think that thread had value as a communication method for those who wish to share their thoughts and insights re the ongoing Texas disaster. Granted the thread was in the Rural Living forum and there were some posts that were slightly political and off topic but in my opinion those posts did not justify locking the thread! :confused:

I REQUEST THAT THE THREAD BE UNLOCKED

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/rural-living/384557-hurricane-harvey.html

/ Hurricane Harvey Thread #2  
It was an interesting thread to follow. The issue, I believe was the ranting of one individual who, incidentally, swiftly proved the rumour that somewhere in America there is a village missing its idiot. The conversation was turning towards 'normal' again after the weight of public opinion swung into action. It would probably serve the same purpose if the conversation continued right here.

We still watch the news footage from afar and our thoughts are with all in the affected area and especially the bereaved. Stay safe out there, if you can.

/ Hurricane Harvey Thread
Thisusername4sale - This thread needs to be closed. It lhas gone from folks that have a tractor that have an educated opinion on a subject to folks that might have an idea what a tractor is and because of that my crazy comments make me the next *****/*****.

TomSeller - Agree. Close the thread please.

vvanders - +1

TBN seems to be getting a lot more political of late, not much to discuss when everyone is just shouting past one another. I came here to see how people were faring but instead it's just gone off the rails.

The close-the-thread movement was started by Thisusername4sale. A newbie with 12 posts who thinks all threads on TBN must be related to tractors. Then TomSeller and vvanders jumped on his wagon. Apparently that was enough to convince a moderator to lock it. :mad:

/ Hurricane Harvey Thread #4  
It was an interesting thread. I suggest that you start a new thread in the (Un)Friendly Politics forum.

Steve

/ Hurricane Harvey Thread
Not enough eyeballs in that forum and I never intended it to be related to politics. A better solution would be for moderator to unlock in Rural Living then delete all political posts.

/ Hurricane Harvey Thread #6  
The close-the-thread movement was started by Thisusername4sale. A newbie with 12 posts who thinks all threads on TBN must be related to tractors. Then TomSeller and vvanders jumped on his wagon. Apparently that was enough to convince a moderator to lock it. :mad:

effing goody two shoes...a few whiners that are wet behind the ears...wreck it....!