Subscribed to every thread?

/ Subscribed to every thread? #1  

mcfarmall

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5660, Farmall C, JD 260 lawn tractor
My email inbox is getting flooded with messages from threads that I've replied to. I chose the unsubscribe box on my profile but they just keep coming. Instead of automatically subscribing to every thread I reply to, how about a "subscribe to this thread" box that I'd have to check when i want to follow a particular thread?

Is there any way to not automatically be subscribed to every thread that I post on??

/ Subscribed to every thread? #2  
You post in a thread you are automatically considered to be interested in that thread.

You can "unsubscribe" from a thread by using the "Thread Tools" tab on the Grey bar immediately above the first post of any page in that thread.

Using the Profile you have to click the action and confirm.

Easier to use the Thread Tools. (Look above your first post and to the right of the bar. "Thread Tools. Search Thread. Display."

Let me know if that works for you.

You can also use that Tab to "Subscribe" to a thread without having to post into it. Useful when you want to follow a subject but have nothing to contribute to it yet.

/ Subscribed to every thread?
I had a message in my e-mail about a thread so I clicked on it, went to thread tools, and was able to unsubscribe. Thanks for the help!

/ Subscribed to every thread? #5  
It's easier to go to Settings--> My Settings --> My Account --> General Settings --> Messaging & Notification --> Default Thread Subscription Mode and select Do Not Subscribe

Then when you WANT to subscribe use the tools on the page as mentioned above.

It's been so long since I joined I don't remember what the default was.

/ Subscribed to every thread? #6  
It's easier to go to Settings--> My Settings --> My Account --> General Settings --> Messaging & Notification --> Default Thread Subscription Mode and select Do Not Subscribe
Then when you WANT to subscribe use the tools on the page as mentioned above.
It's been so long since I joined I don't remember what the default was.
And for the threads that you are currently subscribed to, you can:
1. Go to http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all
2. Check the box at the top right of the list of threads (to the right of "Notification")
3. Scroll down to the bottom
4. Click on the "Selected Threads" button/drop-down
5. Change the radio button under "Update Subscription Type" to "Through my control panel only"
6. Click "Go"
That will change all of the threads on that page to be subscribed through your control panel (under "My Home") rather than via email.
524686d1507981994-subscribed-every-thread-subscribedthreads-png

Aaron Z

Attachments

• SubscribedThreads.PNG
    SubscribedThreads.PNG
    12.1 KB · Views: 73