I知 <What is this

/ I知 <What is this #11  
I had not noticed it before, but like Xfaxman posted it is now happening on TBN when I quote someone on TBN.

For a long time it's been happening when I copy and pasted from another source,

/ I知 <What is this #12  
I've seen those "weird characters" on certain posts ever since joining TBN. I always though it was the result of big calloused fingers attempting to type on tiny cell phone keypads.

/ I知 <What is this #13  
I apologize for starting the other thread, had forgot about this one...
FWIW...I've never posted using a smartphone...always a PC...

/ I知 <What is this #14  
It's a parsing error caused by unrecognized formats of certain "special characters"...

basically when test is copied from a third party source and pasted into a forum post...happens with special characters like ' , ". ; etc. etc...

The Internet has been around since the 1980's and we still haven't figured out how to copy/paste text from one source to another :duh:

/ I知 <What is this #15  
The Internet has been around since the 1980's and we still haven't figured out how to copy/paste text from one source to another :duh:

Unless you mean first pasting into a text editor and removing html and other (invisible) tags etc...and then pasting into BB code "quote" brackets... most folks basically know how to cut/copy and then paste text etc...

Not everyone realizes when they copy text from a web page they may also be copying invisible tags etc...

/ I知 <What is this #16  
Unless you mean first pasting into a text editor and removing html and other (invisible) tags etc...and then pasting into BB code "quote" brackets... most folks basically know how to cut/copy and then paste text etc...

Not everyone realizes when they copy text from a web page they may also be copying invisible tags etc...

The Internet propeller-heads have had 40 years to enhance the copy/paste process so it's smart enough to work regardless of the from/to sources. Something so basic should be a no-brainer. :wizard:

/ I知 <What is this #17  
The Internet propeller-heads have had 40 years to enhance the copy/paste process so it's smart enough to work regardless of the from/to sources. Something so basic should be a no-brainer. :wizard:

Copy and past functions are part of a computer's operating system...it has nothing to do with the internet or the content of web pages other than the o/s allows highlighting within browser page displays...

/ I知 <What is this
I've seen those "weird characters" on certain posts ever since joining TBN. I always though it was the result of big calloused fingers attempting to type on tiny cell phone keypads.

I thought the same thing or some here was playing the guess the word games like marchanna was suggesting and doing, but like pine said those ideas went out the window when I copied and pasted and couldn't fix or get rid of those symbols without using a Ford wrench.

/ I知 <What is this #20  
I have had this happen if I compose a response in Word and copy and paste to the forum. For some reason special characters are not recognized and have to be changed in the forum text. Never had it happen from entering any keyboard character in the reply field.