Thread Start Date

/ Thread Start Date #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
I go to some forums that list the thread start date by the originators name. That would be a nice addition for this forum as well. I don't mind reading through some old threads but others I would avoid if I knew they had been around a while.

Also: There is no rime or reason to it but I click on some multi page threads I KNOW I have never read and it will advance me to a page further into the thread instead of the first post. Other times I click on a thread I have read and even participated in and dang if it doesn't go to the first post. Then other times I click on a multi page thread and it takes me to the next post right after one I made. The rule for where I end up is very inconsistent. I have my thread display mode set to "Linear, Oldest First".

/ Thread Start Date #2  
JD guy, the thread start date and time is under the thread title on the list of posts.

It displays: "Started by (username) on (date) at (time)".

/ Thread Start Date #3  
I'm wondering if it's a problem with what you are using... It works and does exactly what you are asking, at least for me! Good luck...

/ Thread Start Date
Shows the date in the thread but not on the thread list. At least not on mine.

Clipboard03.jpg

/ Thread Start Date #5  
This is the way it looks on my list:

Fluorescent to LED
Started by jajiu, 01-04-2018 10:19 AM

Thread Start Date
Started by JD855guy, Today 09:29 AM

FEL/pallet forks as scaffolding
Started by Einthewoods, Today 06:00 AM

It must be what you are using.

/ Thread Start Date #6  
Mine shows the same way as mddorange.

JD855guy must be using a different 'skin' to view the site.

/ Thread Start Date #7  
When I view threads via the "TODAY'S POSTS" or "NEW POSTS" links, they appear this way for me:

This is the way it looks on my list:

Fluorescent to LED
Started by jajiu, 01-04-2018 10:19 AM

Thread Start Date
Started by JD855guy, Today 09:29 AM

FEL/pallet forks as scaffolding
Started by Einthewoods, Today 06:00 AM

It must be what you are using.

When I go through the "FORUMS" tabs and then select a forum from the list, they appear this way (no date/time listed):

Shows the date in the thread but not on the thread list. At least not on mine.

View attachment 535990

/ Thread Start Date #8  
Ok, looks like you have figured it out. Since I always use "New Posts" I have never seen it that way. Good work von-mil.