New forum idea

/ New forum idea #1  

jgh

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TN90F; B3000 Kubota; Bobcats 430 & A300; Liebherr 621C, Exmark laser Z, 2 sawmills
New forum idea

I just got back on tractorbynet after a long absence; can't explain it, just neglect. In the last six months or so I have frequented the forum called forestry forum. The guy running it is no M Christi, let us say.

FF deals mostly with portable sawmills, logging, and timber, including some coverage on timber frame building, with both professionals and amateurs as members. Rural stuff, like on this forum, just different aspects.

Wood-Mizer saw mills is one of their biggest advertisers, but they have a bunch of other smaller ones.

Most everybody involved with it is very helpful & pretty darn nice, except the owner/administrator.

What might the thought be on starting a forestry section on this forum?

/ New forum idea #5  
Works for me, but how would it differ from Land Clearing?
Maybe it would be focused on the activity rather than the 'Equipment'? I don't go much to the equipment forums as I am more interested in the activity forums unless it is some specific equipment I am interested in or needs fixed.

/ New forum idea
Works for me, but how would it differ from Land Clearing?

Well, sorry about my bad name spelling :thumbdown:. Glad there is some interest. Please give me a day or 2 and I will draft an elevator pitch, after I study the Land Clearing area.

/ New forum idea #7  
I despair over the clutter of non-tractor topics cluttering T-B-N already. The amount of gun posts, pet posts and truck posts is appalling. Nothing wrong with these topics BUT THEY ARE NOT GERMANE TO TRACTORS.

Let people primarily interested in saw mills go to the forestry forum/blog.

/ New forum idea #8  
I despair over the clutter of non-tractor topics cluttering T-B-N already. The amount of gun posts, pet posts and truck posts is appalling. Nothing wrong with these topics BUT THEY ARE NOT GERMANE TO TRACTORS.

Agree. But I think some people like everything in one spot. Kinda like going to Walmart.

/ New forum idea #9  

I agree, we've plenty of discussion of forestry here as it is, as well as guns, windows, and almost everything besides quilting.

For example - Many of us think we know chainsaws but for porting advice I'd go elsewhere.

Agree. But I think some people like everything in one spot. Kinda like going to Walmart.
For many things it's better to go to "focused" forums where the experts hang out.

Perhaps we need a "links" thread where we can discuss other sites and recommend where to go for the best info and where the experts really hang out.

/ New forum idea #10  
Here more great TRACTOR threads:

1) Welded table base for concrete dining table
2) What did you do on the first day of retirement?
3) Countertops
4) Kentucky weather, again.
5) Experience with spray foam insulation
6) recomendations for a fitness tracker watch that can operate stand alone / no phone

Last edited: