Notice stated "You have been unsubscribed from this thread"

/ Notice stated "You have been unsubscribed from this thread" #1  

beowulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3410 HST, J Deere riding mower
When I popped in to TBN today and hit "my home", a message advised something like "You have been unsubscribed from this thread." I then clicked to "View all subscribed threads" under "my home" and quickly figured out that the one missing was the thread Your land is My land, on which I have twice posted. So, I have no idea what happened exactly or why. Any answers? My two prior posts on that thread are very innocuous so curious as to what happened.

Last edited:
   / Notice stated "You have been unsubscribed from this thread" #2  
Thread was closed, all subscriptions are then lost.

(I don't know why it was closed, but that's what happens) :)

/ Notice stated "You have been unsubscribed from this thread" #3  
People got nasty on it, too bad, it was a good thread. I was subscribed but never got any message one way or the other

/ Notice stated "You have been unsubscribed from this thread"
Thread was closed, all subscriptions are then lost.

(I don't know why it was closed, but that's what happens) :)

davrow, thanks for responding. I was very curious as to what happened. It would seem more appropriate to state "This thread has been closed" rather than "you have been unsubscribed", but at least I have my answer.

Last edited:
   / Notice stated "You have been unsubscribed from this thread" #6  
People got nasty on it, too bad, it was a good thread. I was subscribed but never got any message one way or the other

A few guys went too far with their comments. Sad, because it was a good thread with good info, and some good humor.

/ Notice stated "You have been unsubscribed from this thread" #7  
It would be nice if obnoxious members could be voted out of a thread somehow. That thread should have just been pruned with a warning to knock off the nasty stuff.

/ Notice stated "You have been unsubscribed from this thread" #8  
It would be nice if obnoxious members could be voted out of a thread somehow. That thread should have just been pruned with a warning to knock off the nasty stuff.

I agree and that used to happen fairly often, but as TBN has grown, it's probably easier to just close a thread to then to baby sit those without any common sense or manners.

/ Notice stated "You have been unsubscribed from this thread" #9  
I apologize and accept some of the blame for this...but in all due respect I only crossed the line after another member clearly violated the TOS and user agreements by cursing etc...in hindsight I should have just ignored the guy...!

Again, I apologize for the thread being removed...I hope the OP will start a new thread but only after they have legal proof of ownership to rest the assumptions, speculations and hearsay...

/ Notice stated "You have been unsubscribed from this thread" #10  
Yep, I said something on the original "Boy Scout" thread and it was closed. This is a Family Friendly site and I crossed a line. I now try harder to throttle down my mouth.