This is strange...

/ This is strange... #1  

JayC

Veteran Member
I started using Netscape 7.1 about a week or so ago. I like it better than IE. Anyway, I just noticed a strange little "phenomenon." If I save an image from the site using Netscape it is saved as a JPEG. If I am using IE and save an image, it is saved as a BMP. I'm curious, why does that happen?

/ This is strange... #2  
IE starts saving all images as Bitmap when your cache fills up. Empty the cache and you should be able to fix that.

-Ibrahim

/ This is strange...
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( IE starts saving all images as Bitmap when your cache fills up. )</font>

What's the purpose of saving images as a BMP when the cache starts filling up? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ This is strange... #4  
My IE does the same thing and I've emptied my cache. It started this a few months ago.

I did find, when I click the save picture and it has save as a BMP, if I hit refresh it'll have save as a JPG.

Don't have a clue to what the deal is except it has nothing to do with the cache.

Also if I click to save like the picture under my name or anyone elses, it'll save as a jpg.

/ This is strange... #5  
One other thing I'd like to add to my last post...

If it's an attachment to another web site besides tractorbynet.com, jpg's will save as jpg's without a hitch.