attachments and photos not showing

/ attachments and photos not showing #1  

Von

Veteran Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Kubota B2710
Is it just me, or are the attachments and photos not showing for everyone?

18-30445-von.gif

/ attachments and photos not showing #2  
Von,

It is going to be another few days before the sigs and photos start showing up. Moving the server requires that the Domain Name Server be switched to the new IP address. Once the propagation of the new IP address has occured, you will see the graphic elements again.

BobT.
A Indiana Boy

/ attachments and photos not showing
Bob,
Thanks, I thought it was just me as I didn't see anyone else say anything about it.

18-30445-von.gif

/ attachments and photos not showing #4  
Von,

Muhammad did mention this type of glitch in his post about the new server in Site News.

BobT.
A Indiana Boy

/ attachments and photos not showing #5  
It should be working again soon... within a few days I'd say.

msig.gif

/ attachments and photos not showing #6  
Muhammad,

Until the attachment links begin to work with the new DNS listings, would using the IP Address of the old server, along with the path listed for each attachment, opened in a new browser, allow us to view them now? If so, oculd you post that IP address so that I could type the actual path to the attachements for now? If not, are there any workarounds, or do we just have to wait?

Also, I noticed that for posts dated earlier than 12/31/00, I never could view the attachments (file not found on this server error). This was BEFORE the server switch. Do you purge them based on calendar year? If so, may I suggest using a rolling aging period, rather than an absolute date. etter yet, how about keeping them indefintely. Storage is pretty cheap these days. Some of us might even pay for that.

PaulT
Soon to be the pround owner of a brand spankin' new Kubota 2710

/ attachments and photos not showing #7  
If you want to go through that to view the old attachments, the old server IP is 216.122.89.144. We're still thinking about what we'll do with the attachments as far as keeping or archiving them.

msig.gif

/ attachments and photos not showing #8  
Muhammad, has it been determined Which few days that the pics will 'begin working' in? Seven Days in May? Fourth of July weekend? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ attachments and photos not showing #9  
WOW, there is somebody with even less patience than me! cool!/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

John Bud

/ attachments and photos not showing #10  
John, patience has kinda gone out the window for me lately...ain't got any time to waste! I know Muhammad is doing his best, so I really do have the patience, but it is FUN to yank his chain over a little mishap, especially when there are so darn few on this board!