Deleted Posts need a check and balance

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance #1  

v8dave

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7610
I recognize that this network resource is not a public service and is privately owned and the owner and his representatives can do what ever they darn well feel like doing here.

However, I had a post deleted that contained no profanity (not even any **** pretending to be either), no personal slams, nothing derogratory, nor running down a competing product. Just my genuine enthusiasm for a particular tractor.

It seems to me that this is just not polite. Skulking around and ZAP your post is gone. No notice, no excuse me, no explaination so it won't be repeated.

I believe this is done so the moderators don't have to take any personal diatribe from the person they edited.

Well, I disagree. We have a bunch of anonomymous Police running around without being accountable. If you have the fortitude to delete/edit somebody's post you ought to have the same fortitude to explain your actions. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitcken. If you don't reply in the forum it should at least be via a PM.

(Edited by v8dave to remove sarcastic remark)

Dave

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance #2  
Dave -

I took a look and found no record of any of your posts being removed.

Did you actually see your message appear in the forum after you posted it?

Which forum was it in? Do you recall the thread title?

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance #3  
As harv asked;

What forum was your post in?
What was it about?
What day was it made?

Here's a list of your most recent posts.

465433-Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• 465433-Untitled.jpg
    465433-Untitled.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 104
   / Deleted Posts need a check and balance #4  
From your comments, does this happen to be the LOST post? B21 Post

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance #5  
Could it be you previewed your message, but forgot to Post it?

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance #6  
Like Harv and Mike, I'm not sure what you're talking about, but have some doubts that it happened as you've said.

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance #7  
Also remember that if you reply to a certain post and it gets deleted, yours will too. No notice and no devious behavior involved.

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance #8  
So if Inspectors post that I just replied too were deleted, this one would be deleted too becuase I just happened to reply to his because it was the last post in the thread?

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance #9  
<font color="blue"> So if Inspectors post that I just replied too were deleted, this one would be deleted too becuase I just happened to reply to his because it was the last post in the thread? </font>
That's correct. That's why it's important to reply to the actual message and not just the last message in the thread.

Note, this only happens if an administrator deletes a message not if, in this example, Inspector507 deleted the message.

/ Deleted Posts need a check and balance #10  
None of your posts have been deleted. As others mentioned, perhaps you forgot to fully post it? You can see a list of all your recent posts by going to your own profile and clicking on the "Show all posts by" link.

As a general rule, when posts are removed, the moderator/admin who removes them sends a PM to the poster letting them know why it was removed.